Names Searched Right Now:
Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Marieke. It's a Danish variant of Mariel. There's an Australian writer named Marieke Hardy.
    I'm fairly certain that Marieke (and Marijke, which was the nickname of Princess Maria Christina and, in my opinion, also should be added) are Dutch diminutives of Maria. I'm Danish and I don't know a single (Danish) Marieke. I know some Marika's though.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Gazala, my friend's name that I think is absolutely beautiful

Im surprised Murdo is not listed, it is a very popular name in Scotland meaning the sea.

I'd like to see Castiel added to the database. It was given to 83 boys in 2011, and 122 boys in 2012, so it's obviously gaining popularity. The name is quite visible via Misha Collins' character on Supernatural.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I'm fairly certain that Marieke (and Marijke, which was the nickname of Princess Maria Christina and, in my opinion, also should be added) are Dutch diminutives of Maria. I'm Danish and I don't know a single (Danish) Marieke. I know some Marika's though.
    Marieke and Mareike are commenly used girl names in Germany. I know some women as well as children with that name.
    Fav. Girls Names: Rosalie, Amalia, Isa-Lea, Marisa Zaney, Sophia Florence, Adriana Louise

Fav. Boys Names: Tristan, Theo, Quentin, Jannik, Colin, James, Bennett, Benedict

Fav. combinations: Rosalie Delia, Amalia Lucia and Jerry Benedict, Theodore James