Names Searched Right Now:
Page 96 of 168 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
    Wishing for Greece, stuck in the US
    Just another correction with a Greek name. You have Xanthe listed as x-ahn-theh or zan-theh...neither of those are correct when pronounced the proper Greek way. Xanthe is pronounced ZAN-thee (the E at the end of all Greek names makes a long's always EE -- Penelope, Daphne, etc)

And I'm reposting my Athena problem because I suppose no one noticed my other post. As I worship Athena as my primary goddess, this one particularly annoys me (not to be rude).

"I hate to be a bother about these Greek names, but since Athena is the goddess I worship, and since I am Greek, I feel as though I need to correct you on what you have her listed as. She isn't a fertility goddess. She isn't even remotely associated with fertility. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, warfare, battle strategy, heroic endeavour, handicrafts and reason.

The Greek gods and goddesses and deity's associated with fertility are:

Adonis, a figure associated with death, rebirth and vegetation
    Aphaea, local goddess associated with fertility and the agricultural cycle
    Aphrodite, goddess of love, beauty and sexuality
    Aphroditus, god of male and female unity, the moon and fertility
    Artemis, goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity, fertility, young girls and health and disease in women
    Cybele, Phrygian Earth Mother goddess who embodies the fertile earth
    Demeter, goddess of agriculture and the fertility of the earth
    Dionysus, god of wine and festivity, associated with fertility
    Eros, god of sexual love, fertility and beauty
    Priapus, Greek god of fertility, gardens and male genitalia
    Gaia, Earth Mother and goddess of the fertile earth
    Hera, goddess of the air, marriage, women, women's fertility, childbirth, heirs, kings and empires
    Ilithyia, goddess of childbirth and midwifery
    Pan, god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music; associated with fertility
    Persephone, daughter of Zeus and Demeter; abducted by Hades, but allowed to return to the surface of earth for part of the year.
    Phanes, primeval deity of procreation and the generation of new life
    Poseidon, God of the sea, Storms, earthquakes, and is often associated with Fertilty within the Sea. " -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

Inna - Romanian pop singer, russian name meaning "strong water" or "fountain"

Oveta - first directer of the Women's Auxiliary Army Corps in WWII

Neyla - name of the cellist in the band, "The Lumineers"

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I keep seeing Cowen on the boards.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

I tried to search for the name Kirrily but it doesn't seem to have a page. I seem to recall it being on a blog post recently though. It is Australian and means dark lady sheltered from the rain. Also Australian is Tinika/Tinnika that means desirable or precious. I know a little girl with this name so it is not made up.