Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mistakes in descriptions?

Has anyone noticed questionable information on name descriptions? Aliena, for example, was said to have been created for a Ken Follett novel, but it was used in Shakespeare's As You Like it. Has anyone noticed anything else like this?

Alice was said to have been a Harry Potter name, but it isn't.

There are tonnes of mistakes in the database, unfortunately. I'm too tired to remember all the ones I've come across, but Merryn is one that always annoys me. Just because it looks like Mirrin, that doesn't mean they're related.

Quote Originally Posted by lunacross View Post
    Alice was said to have been a Harry Potter name, but it isn't.
    Not that I can see a reference to HP in the description, but... Alice Longbottom?

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    There are tonnes of mistakes in the database, unfortunately. I'm too tired to remember all the ones I've come across, but Merryn is one that always annoys me. Just because it looks like Mirrin, that doesn't mean they're related.

Not that I can see a reference to HP in the description, but... Alice Longbottom?
    I totally forgot about that.

I think anyone can add to the "Famous People Named" and "Pop Culture References" sections, so they may be users' mistakes. It'd be nice if they could be monitored better though.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy