Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: What names have we missed?

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    I was adding my Creole Girls to a list and I have a few not in the database: Pelagie, Poupon, Sanite, Teres, Thereze, Vistoire, Zelime & Zulime. I'm going to be working on the guys next so I may be back to add a few from that list here.
    Yep, here are the guys that weren't in the database:
    Barthelmy, Benedicte, Celestin, Erasme, Etienne, Francois, Honore, Hortense, Hypolite (those last three seem feminine butwere definitely male), Leonide & Zeolide.

I love these! Thanks for adding them and for making the really fun lists.

(these are off Parish rolls from Concordia Parish, Lafourche Parish, Natchitoches Parish, Winn Parish, Grant Parish, LaSalle Parish & Catahoula Parish between 1800 & 1930, parts of LA my Great Grandfather and family lived in & around) Just in case you were wondering where I dug these from.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by pam
    I was adding my Creole Girls to a list and I have a few not in the database: Pelagie, Poupon, Sanite, Teres, Thereze, Vistoire, Zelime & Zulime. I'm going to be working on the guys next so I may be back to add a few from that list here.
    Barthelmy, Benedicte, Celestin, Erasme, Etienne, Francois, Honore, Hortense, Hypolite (those last three seem feminine butwere definitely male), Leonide & Zeolide.

I love these! Thanks for adding them and for making the really fun lists.

(these are off Parish rolls from Concordia Parish, Lafourche Parish, Natchitoches Parish, Winn Parish, Grant Parish, LaSalle Parish & Catahoula Parish between 1800 & 1930, parts of LA my Great Grandfather and family lived in & around) Just in case you were wondering where I dug these from.

Sorry, I think my comment got lost -- I love these! Thanks for making this really great list.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

See this thread for an explanation about tienne (it's already in the database):
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94

Thanks namefan! I was trying to add it to the list with the accent and it wasn't letting me, just refreshing the page, instead, so that's what was going on! Figures, I checked a few of the others and they weren't, so I just assumed none of them were. I should check more thoroughly, Sorry!

And you're welcome, Pam. I'll see what other odd things I have around that I can add. :)
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Not a missed name, but a missed alternate pronunciation:
    You list both the names Gianna and Giovanna (Gianna is originally a nickname of Giovanna) and you list the pronunciation of Giovanna as JOH... and Gianna as GEE... but if pronounced when speaking Italian they would both be JOH... The combo of the letters G & i in both names makes the J sound.
    Hope that makes sense, but for Gianna, I think 2 pronunciations are fitting: Gee-ah-na and Jon-na.