Names Searched Right Now:
Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Katayoon/Katayoun (F, Persian?)

Ingvarda-my husband's favorite aunt is named Eleanor Ingvarda but she goes by Varda. It's Norwegian :-)

I thought I noted this already, but I guess not (at least not in this thread)...

You have an entry for Yuri as a Russian male name, but entering the address for girl Yuri redirects to that page, and it shouldn't. Yuri is a Japanese female name meaning "lily".

Amaya is presumably mainly used by people who don't know it's Japanese (and presumably said the Basque way, which I doubt is the same as the Japanese way). Unless I'm missing something, that leaves Yuri the fourth-commonest Japanese name used on girls in the US, behind Sayuri (#3, which you also don't have an entry for), Sakura (#2) and the unisex Akira (#1). Actually, it's the fourth-commonest Japanese name in the US, period. No Japanese name is as common on boys.
    Last edited by triplicate; August 31st, 2011 at 01:12 PM.

Leotie (American Indian: flower of the prairie)

Daenery (literature name: A Song of Ice and Fire)

Renly (literature name: A Song of Ice and Fire)

Tinder (word name)

Evijan

Acer (Latin: unity)

Banaj (Hindu: Lotus)

Starratt (Scottish: bridge over bogs)

Devrim- turkish for revolution (and my absolute favorite!) pronounced dev-rim
    Cabhan- irish for grassy hill or hollow pronounced cav-an.
    freyja madailein. mallaidh kerensa. caoimhe adalie. noemie cassia. ariella rhedyn.

atreju eliezer. devrim judas. cabhan ezra. asa lachlan. aneirin ____. saoirse ____.