Names Searched Right Now:
Page 115 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
    How about Castalia? I don't remember where I heard it, but looking it up it is of Greek Origin and Castalia was a nymph who fell into a spring in the Greek myth. The spring was then named after her and became a source of inspiration for the muses and Apollo. I think it's a pretty great backstory. I also like this name for its nickname potential: Cassie, Talia, Tali...

Do I have you convinced?

How about Kinden? Seems to be another form of the name Quentin. Bonafide and could fit in with current trends without being as popular.

what about Army being a variation of Sargent? Also, I'm pretty sure Sargent is a title. Not a name.

Eilean - the gaelic word for island! pronounced ayl-ann. Heard it used as a girls name here in Scotland a few times, I think its lovely!
    Seonaid - gaelic for Janet - pronounced shaw-nat
    Seonag - gaelic for Joan - pronounced Shon-ag
    Vaila - an island off Scotland, pronounced vay-la. Used as a girls name
    Last edited by juicyorange; May 4th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Marieke. It's a Danish variant of Mariel. There's an Australian writer named Marieke Hardy.
    I'm fairly certain that Marieke (and Marijke, which was the nickname of Princess Maria Christina and, in my opinion, also should be added) are Dutch diminutives of Maria. I'm Danish and I don't know a single (Danish) Marieke. I know some Marika's though.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien