Names Searched Right Now:
Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
    Also, re: some behind-the-times info, Rory's boy-to-girl ratio is different than it was back when the entry was written (going off data from 2006-2009, it's accurate). From the 2011 data, though, the ratio is now about 59:41 in favor of the boys.

Marieke. It's a Danish variant of Mariel. There's an Australian writer named Marieke Hardy.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by egilona View Post
    Also, re: some behind-the-times info, Rory's boy-to-girl ratio is different than it was back when the entry was written (going off data from 2006-2009, it's accurate). From the 2011 data, though, the ratio is now about 59:41 in favor of the boys.
    That figure may change again when the 2012 list comes out about a month from now, so maybe we should wait to see what it is then. Based on my prediction from the trends on the BabyCenter lists (which although an unofficial list does tend to indicate trends a name is taking) Rory will be up more for boys and about the same or down for girls (the former up with namesakes like Rory McIlroy and the latter going down as Gilmore Girls fades into memory).

Quote Originally Posted by egilona View Post
    Wow I couldn't believe it's so even in the US! I know this is slightly off topic... I checked the 2011 E&W data quickly and the ratio of boy Rorys to girls is 194:1. 99.5% male! In Scotland I could only find 1 female Rory born since 2007. Sorry for the outburst of stats

I know NB is a US site but it'd be nice to have more info pertaining to other countries

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I know NB is a US site but it'd be nice to have more info pertaining to other countries
    Yeah agreed. Maybe something like stats showing the male/female usage of the name in its country of origin? Something like that?
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.