Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Interesting Twin-sets

I just had to tell you about three sets of twins I saw recently in my local BAs...

Apollo Amour and Blaze Wonder (boys)
    Alex and Alexis (boy and girl)
    Rafael and Frankey (boys)

I thought each provided joy worth spreading the rest of the name community, although each for different reasons...

Re: Interesting Twin-sets

Honestly? Apollo & Rafael make me joyous but none of the others do. And Blaze & Alexis bother me. If I had twins and named one Apollo, I'd name the other Blaise (as in Pascal & St. Blaise) And Rafael & Francis, nn Rafe & Frank (ooh, I've been looking for a middle name for Rafael for myself! ) would have been divine. Give Alex half a name and Alexis one that sounds like a luxury vehicle just doesn't strike me as a very nice thing to do, to either of them. Alexander and Portia would be my way of naming in their pattern. Portia still sounds like a car but has Shakesperian roots, much nicer than Alexis is the long run and very not sound matchy with Alexander. Apollo & Blaze's middles don't even bother me, they're middles, and if you're going to use something bizarre, that's where it belongs I say. :) These are okay but they could have been so much better!
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Ha ha, I guess I meant "joy" not from individual names, but from how the names work (or don't work) together. They did make me chuckle when I saw them...but I wouldn't want them for my twins either!

Then mirth would have been a better word for you! :D (Amazing how one word changes the tone, hmm?) (laughing here, don't think I'm angry or anything!)

They really did have the potential to be stellar, didn't they?
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Ooh, mirth would have been a better word to use! (Always reminds me of Wayne's World with their Mirth-Mobile) Good call. :)