Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Interesting Twin-sets

I really don't like Alex and Alexis. I'm not sure what parents would find appealing in that combination.

My two year old niece has identical twin girls in her daycare class and their names are Megan and Meggy. No offense to anyone, but that is one of the worst twin name set I've ever heard...

Sophia, have you taken a gander at SSA's top twin list?

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/twins.html

# 88 is all I could bring myself to use for boys on that list and there's not a single girl pair I would even want to completely entertain. It makes me think the masses are lacking in imagination. Which doesn't surprise me considering how the schools try to beat it out of us anymore. Makes me wanna cry, it does.
    A lot of people like matchy, similar names for twins. Two versions of the same nickname really doesn't surprise me anymore.
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sophia
    I really don't like Alex and Alexis. I'm not sure what parents would find appealing in that combination.

My two year old niece has identical twin girls in her daycare class and their names are Megan and Meggy. No offense to anyone, but that is one of the worst twin name set I've ever heard...
    Meggy and Megan? So they give one child a full name and the other a diminutive of her sister's? What's she going to think about her identity as a shadow of her sister? Poor Meggy. Maybe she can go by Margaret as a nickname, because Megan comes from Margaret. I know identical twins Matt and Mark, and nearly identical sisters Megan and Melissa. My twins are Elizabeth and Elliot, but Elizabeth goes by Lizzie, so the names aren't so close.

Thanks for that link Lola. I have a severe allergy to matching twin names, and I didn't realize how common they are still. Oy...

Realpraise, I completely agree with you. It's almost like the parents didn't deem their twins worthy of two separate identities and made them share one instead. I don't want to come off too strong here, I'm sure no parent would intentionally do that, but I can't help but get that impression. And even on a practical level, what happens if someone calls the name Meg? Or if someone who only knows Megan starts calling her Meggy?

Props to you both for giving your twins nice and distinctive names!!

I like matching twins, to an extent.
    For instance, I have Isaac and Isla, Beatrice and Benjamin, Judah and Jonas, Linnea and Liora all on my small list of possible twin names. But, I don't like rhyming names: Misty and Kristy (I know twins named this). Or versions of the same name: Michael and Michelle.

oh, and Megan and Meggy is just sad.