Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

My babies and why they have their names...

Mason was to be Benjamin, and there was another boy born while I was preggers in the fam that named him Benjamin, so Mason was my 2nd choice. Shane, his MN, is his daddy's MN too. Madison is Maddie because daddy always loved the name and we had no idea til birth she was a girl, so I told him if she was he could have his wish, and her MN, Camille is hubbys Grams name, she had so many grandbabies and greatgrandbabies and NOT ONE named for her, so I vowed to name my daughter after her, and I did. Not unusual names but they have meanings to us

Re: My babies and why they have their names...

my baby girls name is Violet Sadie

My twins are Elizabeth Rae and Elliot Gray.
    Lizzie was named after her grandma, and I fell in love with the name a long time ago. Rae is for my husband's aunt, Rachel, who died around the time Lizzie and Elliot were born. Elliot is a name we both love, and it has a plus as it's Elliot's grandfather's name. Gray is my maiden name and just happened to rhyme with Rae. They now have a sister, Vera Adelaide, whose name is a combo of our absolute favorites that we think should be revived. By the way, we pronounce Vera VAIR-ah instead of VEER-ah. It is so much prettier that way, and since Verity is pronounced like that, I always thought Vera was like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by violetsmom
    my baby girls name is Violet Sadie
    What a great combination--the sweet and the sassy!

Well, my kids range in age from 22 to 4 but their names are:

Leo Sebastian Coe & Simon Ambrose Nash (22, twins)
    Leo & Simon were Uncles, Leo on my side, Simon on my partners. Sebastian was a Great Uncle of mine, Ambrose was his Grandfather. Coe is one of my family surnames, used on yet another Uncle and Nash was his mother's maiden name.

our daughter is Josephine Rosamel Anne (4)
    Josephine was my mother's oldest sister, Rosamel was my paternal Great Grandmother (bonus points, I knew her as a kid) and Her name was her mother's maiden name. Anne honors four different Aunts, two Anne's, one Ann and one Anna. I just prefer the Anne spelling over all others.

I grew up hating my name and so have been wondering if she will like hers, so far, I'm happy to say, she does. (I was choosing other names to be called by 2, she has never done that)
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com