Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I am just Kate and I really wish I had a longer name. I use to tell my husband about the exchange that I have with people over my name and he didn't believe it, but now that we've been married for a while, he's watched it happen over and over and laughs every time it starts up. The exchange goes like this...

Friend/Stranger: What's your REAL name?
    Me: Kate
    Friend/Stranger: No, like the name on your birth certificate.
    Me: Kate
    Friend/Stranger: No, like your proper name is it Katherine or Caitlin or Katrina... like your long name?
    Me: Yeah, I understand, but it's just Kate.

The reason this is so funny is that people ALWAYS suggest names that my name may be as though I don't understand what they are asking... as if I don't know my own name.

Kate on its own is perfectly acceptable. Katie can sound cute and more like a nickname, but Kate is strong and sophisticated.
    I also agree that it goes well with Benjamin.

I think that people will keep asking "whats your full name" when she introduces herself as Kate
    Names like Cathrine/Katrina I like are Katerina (it even has Kate in it! Really popular in Greece), Katya (you could make it work I think!)
    little ladies
    emiliana opal, irelyn elise, erica wyatt, alessia noelle, pomeline kaia, esme dominica, novalie katya, winter neve, tove elliot, artemis apple

young gentlemen
    lukas oliver, elias harry, wyatt johannes, emil leon, miles isak (EE-sak), mathias jake, lance phillip

Kate can definitely stand on its own! I've known a fair number of Kates and they've actually all been just Kate. The Catherines/Katherines I've known have gone by a mix of their full name and Cat/Kat or Katie, but never Kate.

From the rest of your list, I think Hannah, Emily and Grace go best with Benjamin. Margot is lovely too but feels more old-fashioned and doesn't match as well stylistically.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Oliver, Darcy, Orlando