Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kate - can it stand on its own?

Hi ladies!

I am half way through my pregnancy and my husband and I are completely stumped. We love classic names, but cannot find a name we love for the life of us. We have a son named Benjamin and I think Kate goes really well with his name. Problem is that I dislike Catherine or Kaitlyn. Can it be used as a first name?

Other names we are considering:
    Emily
    Blair
    Hannah
    Evelyn (probably would use Kate as MN)
    Sydney
    Savannah
    Margot
    Grace

For some reason I just can't fall in love with any name though.
    Last edited by brittanyandbaby515; January 11th, 2017 at 09:49 AM.

I think Kate on its own works. I know a Kate who has that as a full name. Other options for a long form are Katrina and Kathleen. From your other choices, my favorites are Grace and Evelyn, least favorite Savannah.

Other ideas:
    Alice
    Amelia
    Audrey
    Ava
    Caroline
    Claire
    Julia
    Margaret
    Tess

I love Kate in her own!

I have a friend named Katie (that's what's on her birth certificate) and she wishes that her parents had named her Katherine -- she dislikes not having a more formal name.

From your list, I like Evelyn Kate -- and I think the nickname Evie is adorable!
    Mother to twins Charles Alexander (Charlie) and Elizabeth Coralie (Libby), born November 2015

Kate can definitely be used on its own! It also goes well with Benjamin! I know several Katie's and Kate's and their names are not short for anything. But if you wanted a longer version, you could use Katrina, Kathleen, or a first name that starts with Ka and a middle name that starts with T. For example Kamilla Teagan could go by Kate.

Other names that are similar to the one's on your list:
    Emmeline
    Clara
    Anna
    Evangeline
    Sedona
    Siobhan
    Margaret
    Grey