Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love the name Chester! It was my great grandfather's name and I'd love to be as brave as you and use it one day! I think Linus matches Chester well!

Suggestions that sound nice with Chester:

Lionel
    Harvey
    Ira
    Winston
    Albert
    Alfred
    Barney
    Eugene
    Franklin
    Edwin
    Gilbert
    Howard
    Leonard
    Raymond
    Stanley
    Murray
    Wilbur
    Wilfred
    Ralph

Good luck!
    Last edited by aliciamae_; January 10th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Stella Mae & Jasper James
    Ava Jorina | Emma Violet | Lucy Clementine
    Leo August | Oliver Henry

Adelaide, Alice, Arabella, Ada, Clara, Daisy, Eliza, Ella, Evelyn, Georgia, Ivy, Josephine, Lillian, Lily, Matilda, Olivia, Rose, Sophia
    Alexander, Andrew, Everett, Felix, Jack, Peter, Thomas, Walter, William

I love Linus!
    Mom to identical twins born 10-10-2016

Miles Henry Graham and Gabriel Calvin Pierce

I like Linus a lot. And a lot of good suggestions in the replies as well, especially Ralph. Also, what about Roger? A very old name that is rarely heard today.
    Mom to:

Margaret Ruth (born october 2012)
    And
    Anne Marcella (born December 2014)

Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions on your lists. Awesome to hear you like Linus, we didn't exactly get a great response from the MIL.

Montgomery - My husband can only think of "gomer" when he sees this name, lol. But I love the nickname Monty. Can anyone think of another name that could lead to Monty? Or what do you think of using Monty on its own as a possible first name?
    Ralph - I actually kinda like this name, but I'm not sure I'm able to get over the whole puke association.
    Barney - My husband asked if this name was the reason I've been buying purple onesies for the baby, so I guess it's a no.
    Harry - This is a great name. I never realised how unpopular it is at the moment.
    Fran... -names - I LOVE Francis, Frans, Frank and all the other Fran-names. However my niece will be named Francine and they're already calling her Frankie so that rules out all of those names.
    Otis - This name is really starting to grow on me.
    Gordon - I like this one.
    Morris/Moritz/Maurice - I keep going back and forth with these names, one day I like them and the next day I don't.
    Marvin - I really like this one.
    Rupert - I kinda like Rupert, but Robert has been so popular for so long I fear people would get them mixed up.
    Roger - I would probably love this name if there wasn't an annoying uncle in the family who always says "roger that".

My husband just mentioned Sheldon and I think I really like it. What do you think of Sheldon?
    Last edited by avle; January 11th, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Heather Ellen & Vance Frederick married since 2012

Chester Frederick 6/2014
    Baby boy #2 due in March

Another way to get to Monty could be Montague. I saw a birth annoucement in the newspaper the other day for a baby Montague and thought it was quite dfferent and interesting (I would pronounce it three syllables, last one riming with queue). I do like Linus but for what it's worth it always makes me think of Linux. I love the idea of Ralph, and have no idea at all what you mean by the puke association, if that helps! I also think Sheldon is brilliant and goes really well with Chester.