Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

How many kids do you want?

I myself have always imagined having 4 or 5 children in total but the other day my daughter met a new friend and I got to talking with her mom! When I told her I was 4 weeks with my third she gasped and asked if it was planned! I was honestly so shocked she asked that. She later than said, "you already have a boy and a girl why would you want more"? This got me thinking how many children do you plan on having or have imagined having?

I would like 2 boys and 2 girls personally but thats just me, one of each gender to join Jayda and Elijah but thats just me! What about you?

- Mackenzie
    Momma to Jayda & Elijah

Violet in heaven

Name Crushes
    Sophie * Sienna * Tatum * Lottie * Olive * Dakota
    Tyler * Cairo * Kai * Archer * Brooks * Lachlan

I have a son already. Ideally I would have 1 more child, a daughter. If baby #2 is a boy, we might try for a girl one more time, but definitely no more than three for me.
    Tara, mom to Riley Oliver (3/2014),
    'Poppy' (mmc 1/2016).

Adalynn Rose, Allegra Yseult, Anwen Cordelia,
    Daisy Samara, Freya Ayelet, Isla Avery,
    Kennedy Adelaide, Layla Evadne, Liesl Elena,
    Lydia Carrigan, Madeleine Delaney,
    Scarlett Carina, Tallulah Aylin

Ari Sawyer, Asher Bellamy, Casper Morgan,
    Cooper Channing, Dylan Macaulay, Ephraim Felix,
    Ezra Boyd, Killian Scott, Milo Peregrine,
    Nolan Alaric, Rafferty Giles, Sebastian Thayer,
    Talon Gerard

I think there was another thread like this already, something along the lines of "max amount of kids" so similar topics.

But we would like one little girl. That would be the ideal. If we have a boy, then we would adopt a girl later on or maybe get used to the idea of only having a boy and decide not to add a 2nd kid. So our ideal would be 1, but our max would be 2.
    My Blog | My Pinterest | My Twitter | My Tumblr

Elsa Luna - Born 12/24/2016

Euphemia ~ Artemis ~ Lily ~ Flora ~ Caroline ~ Severine ~ Aria ~ Blair ~ Ezra ~ Severus ~ Severin ~ Preston ~ Liam ~ Eugene ~ Frederic ~ Charles ~ Nathaniel ~ Everett

I personally find it so offensive when people say things like "you already have a boy and a girl why would you want more"? I came from a large family and we would constantly get people rolling their eyes and making inappropriate comments. Why must a 3rd child always be an "accident"? Having a large family can be a beautiful thing! I understand that it is not for everyone, but if having more children then the norm is what someone chooses they shouldn't be shamed for it. I wouldn't trade being a part of a large family for anything. I loved growing up with all my siblings. People have gotten it into their heads that two children, a boy and a girl, or sometimes 3 if the first two are the same gender, is the "perfect family", but that's not true for everyone.
    Personally, I'm not planning on setting minimum or maximum number on how many children we have and we'll just sort of play it by ear and go with whatever feels right at the time, but I picture my husband and I with somewhere between 6 and 8 children.

I keep saying that I want four, but since we are still TTC #1 that may very well change. I do however want at least two because I loved having my brothers to play with, grow with, and go through lifes ups and downs with. Really it's all up in the air especially since we've been trying for so long.
    “Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
    -Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

*Alice Caroline October 12th 2016*