Names Searched Right Now:

Tobias / Elias.....??

Hi everyone

Loving the names Tobias and Elias right now. Only problem is that the middle name may have to be Douglas (for complicated political and family reasons I won't bore you with).

Do Tobias and / or Elias rhyme too much with Douglas??

Thanks

If you love Tobias or Elias and HAVE to use Douglas, go for it. Middle names are rarely used or known by anyone outside the family. I really like Toby and Eli so it would be a shame to dismiss them for potential awkwardness with a mn that will rarely be said together.
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)

Yes, as the previous poster said most people outside the family aren't going to know so you could choose not to let it bother you.

Otherwise, alternatives to Tobias could be Tobiah or Toben. Elias could be Elijah, but it depends whether you love those names like you do Tobias and Elias.

Thanks this is useful! Tobiah is nice too

I love Elias (I'm biased because it's my son's middle name) I do think both Tobias and Elias are a bit rhymey with Douglas. I also agree with above that you will rarely say your son's full name, so I think either is fine. Personally I would do Eli Douglas. Eli stands well on its own.
    Naming our second boy this December
    Arlo - Dominic - Gabriel - Gray - Jude - Julian - Karl - Milo - Noah - Phineas - Ronan
    DS1 Kolbe Elias born July 2013 (first name pronounced COLE-bay)