Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Frederick and Arthur

These are two names I love and that my husband is pretty on-board with. They are our "safety net" names - we feel we would be happy with either of them if we do not find anything that we feel makes a better set with our Silas.
    However! Frederick (in all his forms, Fred, Freddie, Freddy etc.) has a combined popularity of around the mid twenties (2,750 of them born in the UK in 2012).
    This is really too high for me I feel. Most of these are Freddie's and we would use Frederick and Fred but still.....
    In the same year Silas featured at no. 625 with 56 of them born that year.
    Yes Silas in on an upswing but will he reach the top 100 in the UK? I greatly doubt it. If he does, well, we could never have predicted it.
    Arthur is around 50th - and I think he is still climbing.
    Popularity IS a problem for me.
    I think it means Fred is out and that saddens me.
    What do you think Berries? Should I keep pushing my latest crush Rufus?!
    OR should I try and get over the popularity issue? If Silas end up around 200 and Arthur sticks in the latter top 100 is there much difference really?
    *Penelope*Pearl*Estella*Marisol*Golda*Martha*
    *Lilac*Daphne*Tabitha*Autumn*

Silas*Henry*Arthur*Gabriel*Eli*Patrick*Frederick
    *Heath*Gilbert*Jonah*Leo

Get over the popularity issue!
    If you combined all of Estella's nicknames (Ella, Ellie), it would probably be much higher too, same with Penelope (Penny, Ellie) and Arthur (Artie). In the end you're choosing the full name, not the nickname(s).

For what it's worth, I LOVE both Frederick and Arthur and don't think that Rufus or Silas would sound nearly as awesome with Arthur.
    In the end I think you should go for the name you love.
    Ophelia Rosalind Clara | Elliott Caspar Frederick

Flora Eloise Cordelia + Theo Kasimir Edmund + Penelope Ida Leonor

Arthur "Artie" & Lucinda "Lucy"

It's not a big deal--you should pick the name you like. I rather like Ephraim w/Silas, but Freddie is adorable.

Popular or not, out of all the names on your list (including those in your signature), Rufus couldn't be more perfect with Silas as Ancient Biblical / Saints' names! Adorable .
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

I think both these names are awesome. I considered both of them during my name journey but officially went with Eli after choosing my Grandfather's name for the middle.

I don't think Frederick is out. If you love it, use it. Maybe as a middle name if you really can't stand the popularity of the name in the UK. I live in the US. Frederick is not used as often here as in the UK, neither is Arthur, but both names are great. I say keep them on the list.
    SC-B married to AC-B
    Mom to E.J. C-B (feb 2014)