Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: My list

My list

Looking at my list of names I have accumulated there are very few I will feel confident and comfortable in using on my children due to considerations of my current bf's surname, guilty pleasures or I just don't picture myself using. My image of what I always thought my children would look like have altered and I don't know what to expect until I will see their face.

Surname issues/flow- Lyra, Arthur, Electra, Annora, Mavis, Avis, Doris, Elvis, Gwyneira, Inara.
    Anything ending with 's' or an 'rah' sound

GP's
    Winston, Ignatius, Odin, Ernest Everest, Monroe, Linden, Walden, Fable, Alba, Poet, Sonnet, Monet, Alouette, Albany, Amity, Adair, Oswin (f) Artemis, Windsor, Genoa

Just can't picture using:
    Abraham, Abram, Bram, Oscar, Oswald, Raphael, Celia, Joy, June, Merida, Geneva, Nola, Jasmine, Nancy, Talia, Magnolia, Waverly, Anika, Zinnia, Twyla, Luna

Abel, George, Isaac, Clover, Esther, Fern, Marceline really are the only remaining names I can see using.

Do you group your list of names in the same way? Or do you only keep the ones you plan on using?

Really? Your GP list seems much more usable than Clover, Esther or Fern to me. I just have a few names I love--most are unusual, but usable (though Lucrezia would go by Luca).

Quote Originally Posted by mauvebird View Post
    Looking at my list of names I have accumulated there are very few I will feel confident and comfortable in using on my children due to considerations of my current bf's surname, guilty pleasures or I just don't picture myself using.
    I feel the same way. I keep several different lists. There's always one "real" list that has the names that have passed ALL my criteria. But it's the shortest list and it changes too. I have a long list of names I grab from NB and other sources - this is the one I sort through often. I have a GP list for girls. I have a unisex list of names I am unsure of. And on NB for boys and girls I keep "worksheet" lists with first and middle combos, and notes per each combo. Many times there's a perfectly good name I cannot picture myself using, or an uncommon choice that presents many problems despite my love for it, those names never make it to the "real" list.
    Jane Pepper | Meryl Autumn | Esther Ruby | Thea Rose
    Seth Vaughn | Nico Lennix | Paul Auden | Miles Langston

I have one long list and a top 10. I don't usually bother to discriminate between names I would/wouldn't use, but at the same time I'm aware that I only really like about 20% of my names enough to use them as firsts--the others I keep on the list as middles.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I have like, less than five names that are always my favorite on any given day, for boys anyway (Callen, Holden, Ezra). For girls, there are only two consistent favorites. (Aspen & Violet) Then there is a short list of names that have passed my criteria and I would use, no question. (Griffin, Beckett, Gemma, Annabel) to name a few. Then there is a list of names that I go back and forth on whether I'd use it or not (Like Lula, and Draven, for example.) And then there are crushes, which are totally fleeting, and those can include GPs that I'd never use. That last list is usually the longest
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 10/14/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/