Results 1 to 5 of 6
Thread: Flora vs. Leonor?
August 27th, 2014 03:47 PM #1
Flora vs. Leonor?
Both names are on my list and will stay there but I still wanted some opinions on:
1. which name you prefer and why?
2. which name goes better with the rest of my signature?
3. Leonor won't change into Leonore or Leonora but does it look very Spanish/Portuguese/outlandish to you?
4. and does Flora remind you too much of the magarine brand (especially when you're in the UK?)
5. do you think they're too similar? I once asked about Ophelia and Rosalie as sisters and good better feedback than I expected saying that they would sound lovely together despite the similar endings.
6. which 2 middle names would you pair with either of them
TIAAlice Matilda | Flora Penelope | Rose Lavinia | Ada Rosalind | Elliott Victor Frederick
Charlotte - Clara - Cordelia - Emma - Arthur - August - Henry - Hugo
* I pronounce Frederick with three syllables
August 27th, 2014 04:05 PM #3
1. I much prefer Flora. It's light, sweet, vintage lovelyness. Leonor feels so heavy to me, not my cup of tea at all.
2. Flora, Penelope, and all your boy picks make perfect sense. Leonor goes well with Ophelia but I would expect Augustus, Caspian and Theodore with sister Leonor
3. This name is very unfamiliar but not outlandish in any way. I kept reading it as Lenora
5. I don't think they are too similar for sisters, I think that they are too different style wise but I'm not 100% on the pronunciation of Leonor. Is it Lee-oh-nor? Personally I would try to avoid repeating sounds since they share the or sound but they do have different endings, syllables so that's really a personal thing it's not like Flora and Nora.
6. I'm not the best with middles so I'll leave that to someone else.
Last edited by sarab.cook; August 27th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.Mama to Lilla Clare 12/09 and Vivienne Grace 03/12
Tess Magnolia - Coming Nov 4th 2015
Scarlett Faye or Savannah Kate | Everett James or Knox Thomas
August 27th, 2014 05:17 PM #5
1. which name you prefer and why? Leonor. B/c Flora is a fairy godmother in Disney Sleeping Beauty.
2. which name goes better with the rest of my signature? Leonor.
3. Leonor won't change into Leonore or Leonora but does it look very Spanish/Portuguese/outlandish to you? I speak Spanish and a bit of Portuguese, so I assumed this was Lee-oh-NOR or Lay-oh-NOR. If you want LEE-oh-nor then use Leonore. I wouldn't use this spelling unless I intended the proper Portuguese pronunciation! Personally I think it's prettier anyway in Portuguese!
4. and does Flora remind you too much of the magarine brand (especially when you're in the UK?) Nope, I'm in the U.S. It just makes me think of the adjective floral, and of Disney.
5. do you think they're too similar? No.
6. which 2 middle names would you pair with either of them. They are not my style, so I don't really know.
Jane Pepper | Meryl Autumn | Esther Ruby | Thea Rose
Seth Vaughn | Nico Lennix | Paul Auden | Miles Langston
August 27th, 2014 06:20 PM #7
1. which name you prefer and why? Flora, I like other Leo- names but not a fan of Leonor, sounds a bit too harsh to me
2. which name goes better with the rest of my signature? I think both go well, but Leonor fits slightly better
3. Leonor won't change into Leonore or Leonora but does it look very Spanish/Portuguese/outlandish to you? Nope
4. and does Flora remind you too much of the magarine brand (especially when you're in the UK?) i am not from the UK so I am unaware of the margarine brand, so no.
5. do you think they're too similar? No
6. which 2 middle names would you pair with either of them - Flora Jane Marguerite ; Leonor Vivian Faye (I'm not so good with making two middle combos)
husband approved list::
Jane | Alice | Naomi | Fiona | Evangeline | Gwyneth | Delilah | Thea | Maren | Cambria | Tesla
Jude | Nolan | Brody | Asher | Griffin | Nathan | Oliver | Calvin | Quentin | Simon | Penn | Drake
Aviva | Shea | Bridget | Rosalind | Zora | Geneva | Cordelia | Betsy | Elena 'Lainey' | Evadne | Faye
Lars | Otis | Rhett | Kieran | Teague | Neil | Evander | Quinn | Abram | Eamon | Ari | River
Carly & Zach :: expecting #1 late April 2016!!! ::
August 27th, 2014 10:42 PM #9
1. I think I sliiiightly prefer Leonor. I've never been especially fond of Flora, and I love Leo- names on girls (my favorite variations are Leora, Leonora, and Lenore.) I'm actually pretty neutral about Leonor.
2. I think Flora goes slightly better, but Leonor fits too.
3. It does look very Spanish/Portuguese, but not at all outlandish.
4. I'm in the US; and no.
5. Hmmm...kind of. I'm very picky, so wouldn't use both as first names together, but _____ Leonor and Flora _____ (or the reverse) would be fine.
6. Leonor Allegra Delphine and Flora Beatrice AdairGwen
College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"
Odette • Cosima • Viola • Ailsa • Coraline
Emmett • Kieran • Prosper • Zeke • August