Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brilliant?! or Tragic? :-/

I have thought of a name that I like all the individual pieces of but I feel I'm worried that there is one glaring problem with it.

Lyra Rosemary Cate H.

The Cate part is after my mother and I: Cathy and Caitlin.

Rosemary is sort of a family name--my husband's grandmother's cousin, who was like a sister to her, since she was an only child. I also like the "rose" part for a woman named Rosa who was like a surrogate grandparent to me, and "mary" is my best friend's middle name.

The glaring problem is that both Rosemary and Mary Kate are double-barrel type names so to string them together might sound odd. What do you think? I feel like people will have strong emotions about a name like this--either love it or hate it.

Another idea I had was Lyra Persephone Cate, which I like a lot, but it's a mouthful.
    Argh. I don't know.
    Caitlin Ann & Robert Curtis a.k.a Caitie & Curt
    Newlywed and Namenerd (well kinda, 9.3.12)
    Auntie to Morgan Ellen, Jason Lee, Stana Marie, Shanna Lynn, and Eva Jean

I love family names, literary names and familiar but uncommon names. Feel free to suggest some!

Rupert~Milo~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Tavish~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry nn Hal/Hank
    Lyra~Penelope~Juno~Valentine nn Lena~Harriet~Beatrice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rose

I love it Lyra is a stunning name and the combination of the names flows beautifully
    Lily Alice ~ 16

Arianwen Ari - Castiel Cas - Dimitri - Evanna Eva - Jasper
    ~~~~~~~
    Juliette Leah - Nicholas Nico - Ophelia Leah - Remus
    ~~~~~~~
    Rosalie Rosa - Severine Sev - Sirius - Theodore Theo - Vasilisa Lissa

Lissa, Jazz, Rosa, Leah, Sev & Theo

First off, I love Lyra! It's one of my favourites. I also really like both your Lyra combinations, but slightly prefer Lyra Persephone Cate. However, it's obvious that having Rosemary as a middle has way more significance, and it's a really lovely combo. I definitely didn't see the Rosemary and Mary Kate thing, although that may be because the Mary in Rosemary comes out more like Marie when I say it. Anyway I think Lyra Rosemary Cate is a brilliant combo, which is made even better by the fact it's so important to you.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ ClioVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I read the first sentence of your post and wondered what the issue was. I gave up and read on. I didn't see or hear the Mary Kate issue at all. I would definitely go with Lyra Rosemary Cate H. You really can't lose with a name that has so much meaning to you. As you and your mom get older, it will have even more meaning to you.

Lyra Rosemary Cate is lovely!
    Just Some Of The Name Combinations I Love:

Shannen Moira ~ Heather Michele ~ Vada Margaret ~ Connie Quinn ~ Dakota Joy ~ Hayley Rosanna ~ Anne Elizabeth ~ Maizy Karin ~ Ashley June ~ Bianca Pamela ~ Mackenzie Iona ~ Christina Wednesday ~ Aimee Louise ~ Winona Veronica.

Albert Perry ~ Macaulay Miles ~ Henry Evan ~ Miles Russell ~ Timothy Glenn ~ Morgan Hugh ~ Shane Atticus ~ Matthew Kieran ~ Seth Alexander ~ Dylan Luke ~ Brandon Jason ~ Brodie Bruce ~ Oliver Davey ~ Elijah Mark.