Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Struggling with Boy's Names - short and masculine

Our baby is due early next year and we don't plan on finding out the gender. We are struggling with boy's names. Nothing really strikes me as the one.

I prefer short, masculine and somewhat rugged names. I also want a name that is not too common but easy to pronounce. A few I like are Beau, Wyatt, and Ford. Harrison is a family name which makes me want to use it but I don't loooovvveee Harrison and especially not Harry. Any suggestions?

mom of H.V. and O.S.
    Expecting Boy #3 in March '15!

John - Elijah - Jack - Leo - Samuel - Thomas - Bennett

Beau - I like Beau, which of course means handsom. I think its a nice softer name but has that all boy cowboy charm.
    Wyatt- I like Wyatt. Another surname but a first name now definitly. Means brave in war. Its not super short but it is all boy . Again this name has that clean cowboy feel that sort of gives it some freedom as a name.
    Ford - all boy, very simple and clean cut, fits anyone and grows well. is to me a last name and I think a car manufacturer and I think of Harrison Ford... But its a fine name. As a surname its meaning is dweller at the ford basically, its English, or it can just mean ford if not taken from an sn, old English for : a shallow part of a body of water that may be crossed by wading as a noun and as a verb basically: to wade across the shallow water. If you like it I think its quite nice and I have occasionally seen it as a fn. Again this name has a bit if cowboy charm I think you've got a bit of a favorite style.
    Harrison- if you don't love it its not for you, just because its a family name is no real reason. It is a good name though so perhaps as a middle name... Just not with ford though . All boy this name is . I'm not fond of Harry either .
    Some suggestions
    Colt
    Abel
    Dean
    Finn
    Grey
    Hal
    Job
    Jude
    Levi
    Lane
    Mac
    Markus
    Pete
    Quinn
    Ray
    Sterling
    Tom
    Vance
    Willet
    Zeke
    Royce
    Boyd
    Hope this helps a bit

Thank you dinasours, jtay and dewdrops! Your opinions on the names we like as well as all of the suggestions are incredibly helpful. We both like Levi and I like Huck and never thought about Nash. Thank you!!