Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which do you like better: Emmaline or Eleanora?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emmaline (mn Jo, Joy, Rose, Rae or other!)

30 40.00%
  • Eleanora (mn Jane, Grace, Bea or other!)

45 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Torn between two girls' names.

Pregnant with #2. Too soon to know the gender. We have a daughter at home now, Evelyn Vi. We have the boy's name picked out, but we're stuck on two girls' names. We like the nn's Emma and Ellie, but they're too popular to hold on their own. The fact that they're all E names is a coincidence; not stuck on having all E names, but we liked the following choices! Open to other suggestions!
    Last edited by jlhermes; August 20th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.

I picked Eleanora because I think Evelyn and Emmaline would sound too similar for sisters.

I personally adore Emmeline. I think Evelyn and Emmeline would make a great sibling set. I love Vie/Vivi and Em/Emma/Emme.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Are you pronouncing Emmaline 'Emma - LINE' or 'Emma - LEAN' or 'Emma - LYNN'? It sounds so close to Evelyn in flow and -en ending...

I vote for Eleanora or even just Nora to further differentiate between your DDs. Eleanora Bea is super sweet.
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)

I like Emmaline best (although I prefer Emmeline), but I think it definitely depends on how you say it. Emmaline said like Emmalyn is essentially the same as Evelyn, but I think Emmeline (emma-leen) is gorgeous, and different enough. I think Eleanora would be better, though, even though I like it less, just because Evelyn and Emmeline/Emmaline have so many sounds in common. I love Emmaline Joy and Eleanora Jane.

Good luck!