Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Summerville SC

list 10 unique girl names

Write a list of 10 girl names you love, but may not use. To help those searching for unique names.

Briar - Briar in Briar rose but still unique and would make a fantastic name if paired with a three or four syllable name such as Briar Elizabeth or Briar Penelope.
    Imogen - common in Britain not the U.S. due to pronunciation differences, popular on Nameberry, still unique and unusual of a name
    Nerys - means lady, an excellent choice for you little lady
    Blaire - has a very modern feel, familiar but not overly popular
    Amity - a unique name meaning friend
    Seren - another welsh name, most definitely unique and excellent choice but could be confused with Serene.
    Seraphina- alternative spelling of Serafina, I personally hated this name before I learned about its history and alternative spelling. Now I like it as an alternative to Sarah, which could be a nickname
    Auroras- Disney aside this is a beautiful name, with a reference to the scientific name of the northern lights.
    Maeve- this would be stunning paired as Maeve Victoria or Maeve Eleanor, and a great alternative to May or Mae.
    Iris - means rainbow, is a flower name not heard much, it's solidly a good choice for the middle name slot for me
    Last edited by scblovesnames; August 20th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
    S. C-B married to A. C-B (Dec. 2012)
    Mom to E.J. C-B (Feb 2014)

A future son would be:
    Calvin Jose

Our future girl will be:
    Juliet Alice

The Garden of England
    I'm not sure if you mean guilty pleasure names or unique / unusual names. I've just done unusual names for now, and can picture myself using most of these, although have underlined the more GP names:

Séverine: This used to be within my top three, although it has moved to #4 on my list. It means "stern" and is the female variant of Severus. I think it's beautiful and sophisticated.
    Athénaïs: I adore this name. It sounds sweet and elegant. It is a variant of Athena.
    Seraphina / Seraphine: Both names are strong and feminine to me. I think I slightly prefer Seraphine now, although Seraphina is still just as lovely. I also love the nickname Phina / Fina.
    Aveline: I think this means "hazel tree" in French, but am not so sure. I find it beautiful and charming.
    Eulalia / Eulalie: It is of Greek origins meaning "sweet-speaking" (which I think is lovely). It is also a place name in Ibiza (Santa Eulalia or Santa Eularia). I love the nickname Lula.
    Adelaida: This is the Spanish variant of Adelaide, although I think it is not very common in non Spanish speaking countries. I think it flows well and has a pretty sound to it. I love the nicknames Lady and Aidy.
    Leonore: I feel that Leonor is more common. Leonor is lovely, although I feel that Leonore looks more complete and elegant. It can also have the nickname Nora, although I would prefer that for Leonora.
    Solveig: Like Adelaida, Solveig is well known in Scandinavian countries, although I feel that it is less common in the rest of the world. I think it is a strong and feminine name. It's one of those names that no one knows the 'proper' meaning of, although I personally I am leaning more towards "the suns path", just because I find it beautiful and welcoming.
    Zephyrine: A French name that is quite rare now - Zephirine is the alternative spelling and Zephyr is the boys version. It sounds classy and elegant. I love the nickname Zephy.
    Isabeau: With Isabella and Isabelle becoming more popular these days, Isabeau is a fresh alternative. It's regal, sweet and elegant, and a more unusual way to get Izzie, Izzy or Issy.
    Georgiana: I feel that Georgina is more popular. Georgiana gives off a very Georgian / Regency feel (a la The Duchess), and is also regal and elegant. I adore the more unexpected nickname Ginnie.

I realised that I might have 11 names here, oops.
    Last edited by adelina_sophia; August 20th, 2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Rephrasing sentences
    Teenberry, amateur photographer, name enthusiast & royalist

Adelina Sophia + Magdalena Élisabeth + Isla Aveline + Elysia Rose + Ophelia Maeve
    Girls list, Boys List & Name Blog
    Leo Xavier + Alexander George + Isaac Peregrine + Harry Lysander + Jasper Ellis Theodore
    I pronounce the ending of Peregrine as "green" and not "grin"
    Zaria + Elina + Sunniva + Leon + Barnaby + Amias
    GP Crushes
    Leilani + Patience + Aglaé + Idris + Andries + Romulus

Names I like and cannot use:

Fern - I love the botanical vibe. Charlotte's Web is a nice association too.

Arrow - I really like names that end in a double letter followed by ow. Minnow is a gp as well.

Bambi - Sweet and unusual, but it would be difficult to wear. Bambi Northwood-Blythe pulls it off.

Jay - The nn Bluejay would be lovely. This name is simple and cool.

Birdie - One of my favorite old lady names.

Lulu - ultra feminine, but still edgy. It comes off as a bold fn, but a cutesy nn.
    Beatrix - Fleur - Minnow - Zelda - Fern - Winifred - Poet

Wolfgang - Atlas - Huck - Abraham - Ernest - Ulysses - Fox - Alasdair

1. Artemisia - More feminine-sounding than Artemis (which I also like).
    2. Vesper - Refers to evening prayers. Similar in sound to the rising in popularity Juniper and Harper.
    3. Calliope - One of the Muses in Greek mythology. A possible alternative to Penelope.
    4. Magdalena - The original form of popular Madeline, with tons of cute nicknames: Maggie, Magda, Lennie, Lena, etc.
    5. Tanith - An obscure ancient goddess, but familiar to due to ice dancer Tanith Belbin. Ending is similar to Elizabeth, Meredith, Edith, etc.
    6. Melisande - French version of Millicent, which sounds much prettier. Could be a way to to get to Millie.
    7. Violetta - If Violet is too popular for you, Violetta is a beautiful, more uncommon alternative.
    8. Ariadne - A mythological name, blending together two trends: Greek names ending in "e" (Chloe, Zoe, Penelope, Phoebe, Daphne) and "Ari" names (Aria, Arianne, Ariana, Ariel).
    9. Octavia - Starts with a trendy "O', features the popular "v", and is similar to Olivia and Ophelia.
    10. Scholastica - A saint's name, and pretty much my ultimate guilty pleasure.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, and expecting baby Nicander (Veronica Seraphine or Alexander Silvan(?)) in late Feb. 2016!
    Future Daughter: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania
    Future Son: Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

These are some wonderful names! I don't think Husband will go for any of them, but I appreciate the uniqueness. Keep 'em coming!