Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Thoughts on Amaranth

What do you think of Amaranth? What kind of associations/images/ideas come to mind upon seeing/hearing the name? Do you think it could well work as a first, or is better off in the middle?

I think of the plants Joseph's Coat and love-lies-bleeding - both of the Amaranthus family. Both are bold and sort of tropical looking, one with poinsetta-like bracts and the other with rich cerise flowers. You see love-lies-bleeding in old-fashioned cottage gardens a lot, as it grows easily from seed and birds love it.

It means 'immortal/unfading' and I rather love that it has both the flower imagery and that meaning.

I can't use it as a name - one of my best friends has dibsed Amarantha. I like that it could be either bold, lush, exotic Amarantha or simply Amy though.

I love it, but think I prefer Amarantha. Always reminds me of song lyrics. "I can remember, searched for the amaranth..," from The Great Disappointment by AFI.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

Thanks to you both for the comments. Anyone else out there willing to give me their two cents..?

Amaranth is a grain kind of like Quinoa, makes me a bit hungry :P

little Mister due 22nd November 2014 <3
    Arthur Genji