Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheflieswithherownwings View Post
    I counted down the days too, very excited to see this released!

A little disappointed to see Matilda still rising but my love hasn't faded just yet, while my favourite boy's name Isaac remains pretty steady. The rest of my favourites remain pretty low in the 300's really so I'm fairly pleased no major rises for any of them! Theodora and Judah remain very low, which is great.

I always look for Avery, Addison and Aubrey too just to see if they are heading more towards girls names but surprisingly they remain pretty even and open to both boys and girls!

I feel like a lot of the names I liked a while ago are appearing very, very trendy; Isla, Violet, Elijah, Theodore, Frankie, Ivy etc.
    A lot of my top ones seem trendy in England right now - even Doris is hitting her peak in the last 18 years! :P
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Thank you for sharing, Haley!

Lots of my favorites are much more popular in England and Wales than in the US. I guess I could say my taste is more English than American! I don't know where I'll end up living, New York is my dream, but London is much more realistic. Either way, it makes me rather nervous to see names that I would like to use some day (Matilda, Clementine; Felix, Sebastian) on the rise, lol.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

They really ought to combine spellings. Anyone up for doing an alternative top 100 with combined spellings? I know Muhammad would be the solid number one for boys.

I love all the different languages represented there, seeing multi-cultural Britain reflected in the name stats, it's so cool
    Emil - Ingimar - Kjartan - Matthías - Óskar - Róbert

Elísabet - Elva - Rósa - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa

Some names/spellings suggest: a lot of Polish children.
    In some cases I'm wondering: is it not possible to use letters which don't appear in English alphabet or is it just parents' choice to make things easier?
    Dominika Elwira | 19 | Hufflepuff and proud of it!
    Aniela - Antonia - Celina - Eliza - Estera - Idalia - Kalina - Klara - Leonia - Marcela - Melania - Renata
    Bartosz - Franciszek - Gabriel - Ignacy - Julian - Michał - Rafał

Quote Originally Posted by claragray View Post
    Some names/spellings suggest: a lot of Polish children.
    In some cases I'm wondering: is it not possible to use letters which don't appear in English alphabet or is it just parents' choice to make things easier?
    Definitely a lot of Polish children, yes! I think it is not legally possible to use letters not appearing in the English alphabet - although this certainly does make things easier, so a bit of both probably. So they are restricted in certain ways (naming laws exist everywhere, even in places where people don't think they do). But still definitely making a mark on the stats! Jakub and Kacper both in the top 200 (and Oskar, would that count as a Polish name?)!
    Emil - Ingimar - Kjartan - Matthías - Óskar - Róbert

Elísabet - Elva - Rósa - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa