Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The name January for a baby born in a different month?

We are expecting our third daughter around November but a name we've always loved, even for our first two daughters, is January.

The month has a lot of meaning to my husband and I, we get engaged in January and then married in January on the same day a few years later.

What do you think? To weird for a baby girl born outside of January?

Thanks for your opinions!

Downton Abbey
    If it's fine to use May, April and June outside of those months, I can't see why it would be The month obviously has sentimental meaning, and so does the name, so I'd use it

{Martha. Lucy. Charlotte. Rose. Betsy. Evelyn. Pearl. Violet. Ada. Iris. Maude}
    {Elsie. Florence. Doris. Beatrice. Lillian. Minnie. Mabel. Daisy. Elizabeth. Eleanor.}
    {James. George. Henry. Andrew. Charlie. Daniel. Ernest. Matthew. Patrick. Walter.}
    {John. Christopher. Thomas. William. Winston. Hugo. Lachlan. Jack. Freddie. Albert.}

I don't think it would be weird. Plenty of people are named August, May, June, Summer and Autumn without being born in those months/seasons.

I'd think it's sweet that her name has special significance to you, even though it's not the month she was born. Go for it!

I imagine she might encounter a couple of people who will say it's 'weird' to be named January if you were born outside of it, but generally I don't think it would be a problem. I like it when people use names that have a lot of personal meaning to them, it makes a beautiful name even more special.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire