Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The name January for a baby born in a different month?

We are expecting our third daughter around November but a name we've always loved, even for our first two daughters, is January.

The month has a lot of meaning to my husband and I, we get engaged in January and then married in January on the same day a few years later.

What do you think? To weird for a baby girl born outside of January?

Thanks for your opinions!

If it's fine to use May, April and June outside of those months, I can't see why it would be The month obviously has sentimental meaning, and so does the name, so I'd use it
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

I don't think it would be weird. Plenty of people are named August, May, June, Summer and Autumn without being born in those months/seasons.

I'd think it's sweet that her name has special significance to you, even though it's not the month she was born. Go for it!

I imagine she might encounter a couple of people who will say it's 'weird' to be named January if you were born outside of it, but generally I don't think it would be a problem. I like it when people use names that have a lot of personal meaning to them, it makes a beautiful name even more special.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire