Names Searched Right Now:

Industrial/Steampunk/Metallic/Mineral/etc names?

Hey guys, I'm writing a modern/urban fantasy sort of story that takes place in a constructed world, very similar to ours socially/technologically/etc except for the whole "fantasy" part. Anyway, the main city in which everything takes place is very industrial, perhaps mildly steampunk. My main character's 40-something year old businessman father (more serious personality; ambitious; forms close, brotherly bonds) and his side of the family have lived in this area for generations, and it's pretty important to him as a person.

Because of this, I want to pick a name that reflects his origins. Something... Industrial? Steampunk-y? Metallic or mineral-related, perhaps? I'd also prefer a name that isn't very common, but that doesn't mean you can't suggest something popular.

Bonus: I'm also looking for a family name for him, and as a result, the surname of my main character, her brother, and her mom. Don't wanna disclose too much about the other characters yet, but I was thinking of something along the lines of Blacksmith... Kind of similar to what I'm requesting in her father's first name.

So yeah, throw some given names and surnames at me, please!
    Last edited by revisionist_history; August 15th, 2014 at 10:34 PM.
    just another overly name-focused author

genevieve | freya | piper | north | vivienne | druscilla | wednesday
    henry | oliver | reno | sullivan | felix | wolfgang | gauis | seymour
    ryan | cobalt | ventura | jarvis | gemini

Hi, I'm Rachel.

teenberry - writer combo

Rosalind Linnea || Marguerite ?
    Bennett Nathaniel || Maxwell ?

Listed as names on Nameberry:
    Agate, Amethyst, Beryl, Cobalt, Copper, Coltan, Galena, Garnet, Gold, Jasper, Jet, Mercury, Onyx, Opal, Quartz, Sapphire, Silver, Steel, Topaz, Umber

Others, which maybe could work as names:
    Adelite, Avalite, Borax, Laurite, Levyne, Nickel, Sylvite, Xenon, Zircon
    Dominika Elwira | 19 | Hufflepuff and proud of it!
    Aniela - Antonia - Celina - Eliza - Estera - Idalia - Kalina - Klara - Leonia - Marcela - Melania - Renata
    Bartosz - Franciszek - Gabriel - Ignacy - Julian - Michał - Rafał

Ooh, Mica's something I never considered before. I really like it, especially for this character... Def going on my list of considered names. And Steel wouldn't make too bad of a surname.

Cobalt, Silver, Xenon, and Jasper are totally going on my list of names to use for other characters. And I actually already have someone with Colton as their surname, haha.

Thanks a lot for the responses!
    just another overly name-focused author

genevieve | freya | piper | north | vivienne | druscilla | wednesday
    henry | oliver | reno | sullivan | felix | wolfgang | gauis | seymour
    ryan | cobalt | ventura | jarvis | gemini