Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

middle name question

What name/ type of names do you like but would only use as a middle name?

For me family first names would go in the middle if the person is still alive or its harder to pronounce.
    SC-B married to AC-B
    Mom to E.J. C-B (feb 2014)

I'm saving the middle spots for honor names for family. Besides that, I might throw in a guilty pleasure (Lark, Faulkner) or use the middle to stylistically counterbalance the first name.
    Amity|Colette|Flora|Lark|Linnea|Louisa|Nina|Nora
    Paloma|Prairie|Signe|Soledad|Susannah|Talia|Tamsin |Tessa

Abram|Absalom|August|Callan|Early|Ezra|Henry
    Levi|Lorcan|Micah|Reid|Solomon|Victor|Virgil

I think the middle is the anything goes spot. Have a family member you love and want to honor but dislike their out-of-date name? In the middle! Think naming your kid Pumpernickel is a groovy idea? In the middle!

Our daughter's middle name is Wren. Maybe a little too nature-y for the front. Maybe a little too short and given to misunderstandings. Did you say When? or Ren like Ren and Stimpy? But in the middle was perfect.

Yes, I wold go with a family name or favorite destination spot! A middle name can be a guilty pleasure and you can get away with it!
    I think middle names shows a child's uniqueness!

Middle names definitely show a child's uniqueness. Mine is my mother's middle name and her maiden name. TWO, yes I have two middle names.

To me middle names show a lot about the parent's too. It seems in my family, middle names to honor family members (on both my husband's side and mine) are important. Husband has his grandfather's name as middle (was born on his grandfather's birthday too but I can't remember if it was the same grandfather he shares a name with). My middle name as I said is my mother's middle and maiden name. My son's is my Grandfather's name, and my future daughter will either get a Spanish variation of mine or my husband's middle name. Ann (mine) will become Anita, Carl (his) will become Carla.
    SC-B married to AC-B
    Mom to E.J. C-B (feb 2014)