Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of name Thace, Thays, or Thaze ?

Hubby suggested Thace.. I do really love it but I'm afraid it won't be perceived well? I'm also afraid it will be assumed we were going for Thrace and just couldnt spell. Really I'm loving the nickname Thay, but not so much as a stand alone name. I feel that Taylor is too unisex. Thayer and Thane are both on the top of my list but Hubby doesnt agree. I'm thinking maybe Thays or Thaze can be an alternative we can agree on. Are these names too out there? It will be paired with a more common name as either a first or middle. Is Thace useable?

Opinions please?

I think so. It is similar to Thayer and Ace which I have met one of each. So to me Thace wouldn't be too foreign to me. It is a mash of the two names, but a mashup I actually like. I like both Thays and Thace. Thays looks less mashup of the two than Thace. Thaze looks too out there to me, and loses the similarity to the more well known Thayer and Ace. Thace/Thays paired with a more common middle name would make it a great first name. :-) Hope I helped!
    Happily Married Momma to Three Sweet Girls
    Ellie {9}, Anna {19m}, and Hope {nb}.
    Also Smitten with these beauties...
    Emilia/Zelda/Jocelyn/Arabel/Thalia/Mavis/Vivia
    Gerard\Simon\Walsh\Finnian\Oscar\Barry\Keir
    Slightly Obsessed with the Unusual...
    Aloysius|Ariadne|Grimsby|Constance|Cicero

It sounds lispy and confusing, given that 'they' is a commonly used pronoun.

I didn't think of this before but have you considered other names with the nn Thay?
    Like...
    Thadd
    Thaddeus
    Theodore
    Thatcher
    Nathaniel
    Thaniel
    Thackeray
    Thanos

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there! I really like Thadd and Thacher/Thatcher with the nn Thay. :-)
    Happily Married Momma to Three Sweet Girls
    Ellie {9}, Anna {19m}, and Hope {nb}.
    Also Smitten with these beauties...
    Emilia/Zelda/Jocelyn/Arabel/Thalia/Mavis/Vivia
    Gerard\Simon\Walsh\Finnian\Oscar\Barry\Keir
    Slightly Obsessed with the Unusual...
    Aloysius|Ariadne|Grimsby|Constance|Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by shannagrace View Post
    I think so. It is similar to Thayer and Ace which I have met one of each. So to me Thace wouldn't be too foreign to me. It is a mash of the two names, but a mashup I actually like. I like both Thays and Thace. Thays looks less mashup of the two than Thace. Thaze looks too out there to me, and loses the similarity to the more well known Thayer and Ace. Thace/Thays paired with a more common middle name would make it a great first name. :-) Hope I helped!
    Thank you for your opinion as well as the other suggestions! Thatcher, Thaddeus, and Theodore were all vetoed by the Hubby aswell. It seems he leans more towards the single syllable names.. but I have not thought of Thadd as a stand alone name.

I was thinking Ace could be an alternative nickname to Thay for Thace and Thays is actually a mashup of the name Thayer Rhys.. My choice name.