Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Both are going to get mispronounced, that's just how it is, and it's not that big of a deal. I think you're over thinking it. You have a better chance with Lana, because that's the traditional spelling and then there's the singer Lana del Ray, so I think it would be find. Go with Lana.
    [teen writer] [name nerd] [dreamer]
    [mama to furbaby Miesha Athene China Lian Newt commonly know as Mimi]

♀ [Linnet] [India] [Leontine] [Clementine] [Delaney] [Lavender] ♀

♂ [Alexander] [Milan] [Noah] [Beau] [Charles] [Cairo] ♂
    currently crushing on: [Elsie] [Morgan] [Hattie]

Quote Originally Posted by neonpink View Post
    Both are going to get mispronounced, that's just how it is... You have a better chance with Lana, because that's the traditional spelling and then there's the singer Lana del Ray, so I think it would be find. Go with Lana.
    Yes. Also, Lana is much more familiar to me than Lonna and I could imagine people thinking that Lonna is a typo and was supposed to be Lorna.

I like Lonna as a spelling alternative but because I would say Lana the same way I say that Lana is still a great spelling. What's going to bother you more the spelling errors of Lonna or when people mispronounce Lana?

I like your name but prefer the Lana spelling. Its more european, exotic, and pretty in my opinion.

I agree with pp that Lonna takes away from the beauty of the name. I would also pronounce it more like 'LAWN-uh" than Lahn-a. I know you've been struggling with the spelling of this name for fear of mispronunciation and Lana spelled backwards (which I really don't think will be an issue, most people don't even think of it.) However, I think Lana is beautiful and classic, while Lonna looks a little made-up and kind of dated (perhaps because it reminds me of Donna).