Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wisdom teeth removal...

I'm going to the dentist soon as I haven't been in a few years, and I'm fairly certain he's going to tell me I need my wisdom teeth taken out. The two on the top are broken and rotting, the two on the bottom are impacted. I've never had surgery and am pretty afraid. :/ Has anyone here had their wisdom teeth taken out? Is it really awful?

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. Yes, it's awful. I have a very high pain tolerance, and I was more miserable after my wisdom teeth got taken out than when I broke my foot in three places and snapped the tendon. However, I do know a few people who went on skiing trips or were doing yard work the day after their surgeries, so you really never know how you're going to feel. My biggest suggestion for you is to make sure you eat before you take pain pills!!!!! I made that mistake the morning after, and, well, let's just say throwing up wasn't exactly pleasant with four holes in my mouth. The only consolation that I can offer is that a lot of people have to get their wisdom teeth taken out and they understand your misery. Just look on the bright side -- you get to eat a lot of ice cream and it's 100% okay.

If you're having fears about going under, some surgeons do sort of a partial sedation, where you're awake during it, but you don't remember it afterwards. That's what I had done. To be honest, I'm not sure you want to be awake during the whole procedure... I've seen it done before and it's really... odd? Gross? I don't know. The anesthesia will also help you sleep during the rest of the day so you won't really be thinking about the pain as much.

I had really good surgery and recovery, actually. I enjoyed being knocked out (hallelujah! a good nap) but I reacted badly to some other drug I got and went into a series of fits (eugh). My face bloated up for the next week and it hurt to chew, but other than that I was fine. I went back to school two days later with chipmunk cheeks and work the same day, never took the pain killers because I didn't want to get addicted and it didn't hurt that much, and I love soup, so all was well.

But mine hadn't begun to break through. The teeth were just there. Apparently I was very lucky, though.

Just remember to eat stuff like ice-cream, brush your teeth how they tell you too, take ALL the antibiotics and please for the love of all things mighty get knocked out during the procedure.

Good luck!

I was knocked out and woke up not knowing they did anything. I was thinking "Okay, when do we start?" Easiest procedure I've ever had done, probably because I wasn't awake.

It was fine in the days after too, with some pain meds. You'll be fine!

I had mine out this year so I will say from what I remember. It's not as bad a people think it is, I don't even really remember getting them out. I had an IV sedation interested into my arm which really relaxed me, they then interested needles into all my four teeth, which I don't remember due to the IV sedation, the rest my surgery is pretty much a blur. The bad part is after the surgery, my face swelled and I was pretty unsteady on my feet and you will need someone to look after you the day you have them out. For about two weeks my mouth hurt and it was really hard to eat. The first 5 days I only ate soft food like moose, jelly, apple sauce, mash potato and milkshakes. After that I could eat normal food but it still hurt so I wouldn't eat any really hard food to chew for about the first 1-2 weeks. The pain is pretty bad afterwards I was took pain meds that the dentist prescribe me and I had to rinse out my mouth with this mouth was. After 2 weeks things pretty much went back to normal. Good luck for your wisdom tooth removal.
    Last edited by hannah93; August 9th, 2014 at 10:09 PM.
    My top ten names for each gender always subject to chance

Girls

Elodie, Willa, Imogen, Isadora, Adira, Lyra,Emmeline, Aya ,Delaney, Alexandra

Boys

Lachlan, Callum, Breccan, Torin, Rafferty, Calder, Tavish, Finnian, Archer, Paxton