Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quotes/phrases to put on clothing?

I am a bit of a creative nut, and I love crafting, sewing, taking photos, collaging, knitting, crocheting... the whole lot. One of my favourite things to do is upcycle thrifted clothes, and turn them into much more interesting pieces.

I am really into embroidering funky shapes and things onto sleeves and around the buttons, but lately I have wanted to embroider fun little uplifting phrases onto clothes. I was thinking of sewing them down zip lines and on pockets, but all I need now are the phrases. things like "I look fabulous" and "today is a good day." I can't think of anymore that aren't really cheesy.

So, my question is, would you wear an item of clothing with a quirky quote on it, and what would that quote be? Fun and weird and maybe slightly odd is what I am looking for. Let your creative juices flow!

Thanks in advance
    Jude, blackbird.

Amelia \//\ Goldy \//\ Halcyon /\\/ Hero \//\ Frances /\\/ Marian \//\ Olive /\\/ Poppy \//\ Robin

I really want a shirt saying "You're just as sane as I am" (Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter). I love that quote
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

A wonderful quote from Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead': To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'

Other ones I love (don't know if this is what you are looking for, but these are just some quotes I love):

'A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.' -Ayn Rand
    'The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.' -Ayn Rand
    'Get busy living, or get busy dying.' -Stephen King
    'French is the language that turns dirt into romance.' -Stephen King
    'This is not a bad life.' -Stephen King
    'Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'I swim against the tide because I like to annoy.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'We spend a good part of our lives dreaming, especially when we're awake.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'The best way to get even with anyone is to put them in the rearview mirror on your way to something better.'-Joe Hill
    'Gold don't come off. What's good stays good no matter how much of a beating it takes.' -Joe Hill (NOS4R2)
    'I will be waiting by candlelight in our tree house of the mind.' -Joe Hill (Horns)

Don't know if that helps at all (I hope it does, but they probably don't mean anything without the context of the stories).
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

I have a T-shirt that I made aged 14 that says ''RIOTS NOT DIETS'' haha, it was for some feminist protest I went to. I still wear it

I've also been meaning to make a remake of this - http://www.flashartonline.com/upload...y-Holzer_g.jpg which is a Jenny Holzer art piece from the 90s which I've always adored; honestly any of her conceptual art truisms would make great T-shirts.

Are there any films you like a lot with iconic/well-known quotes? Or even non-famous ones... I would love ''It's all happening'' (Penny Lane, Almost Famous) on a t shirt
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura

a few close to my heart;
    Emmett - Eoghan - Alec - Wilfred - Oberon - Nicholas - Hugh
    Polly - Estella - Jemima - Billie - Imogen - Eilidh - Fenella

jem - I have never watched/read Harry Potter (call me crazy, I know. I just haven't got around to it) but that quote is perfect!

nooshi - So many good quotes! "This is not a bad life" is a great one.

oliviasarah - haha, "riots not diets" is fabulous! I do watch a lot of movies, but no quotes are coming to mind that aren't too cliche. Things like "We're all weird, get over it" and things similar to this.
    Jude, blackbird.

Amelia \//\ Goldy \//\ Halcyon /\\/ Hero \//\ Frances /\\/ Marian \//\ Olive /\\/ Poppy \//\ Robin