Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quotes/phrases to put on clothing?

I am a bit of a creative nut, and I love crafting, sewing, taking photos, collaging, knitting, crocheting... the whole lot. One of my favourite things to do is upcycle thrifted clothes, and turn them into much more interesting pieces.

I am really into embroidering funky shapes and things onto sleeves and around the buttons, but lately I have wanted to embroider fun little uplifting phrases onto clothes. I was thinking of sewing them down zip lines and on pockets, but all I need now are the phrases. things like "I look fabulous" and "today is a good day." I can't think of anymore that aren't really cheesy.

So, my question is, would you wear an item of clothing with a quirky quote on it, and what would that quote be? Fun and weird and maybe slightly odd is what I am looking for. Let your creative juices flow!

Thanks in advance
    Jude, blackbird.

Teddy * Alma * Marian * Frances * Amra * Donovan

I really want a shirt saying "You're just as sane as I am" (Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter). I love that quote
    Jemima

twenty-one | law student

* Beatrix * Nell * Penelope * Felicity * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Oscar *

A wonderful quote from Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead': To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'

Other ones I love (don't know if this is what you are looking for, but these are just some quotes I love):

'A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.' -Ayn Rand
    'The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.' -Ayn Rand
    'Get busy living, or get busy dying.' -Stephen King
    'French is the language that turns dirt into romance.' -Stephen King
    'This is not a bad life.' -Stephen King
    'Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'I swim against the tide because I like to annoy.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'We spend a good part of our lives dreaming, especially when we're awake.' -Carlos Ruiz Zafón
    'The best way to get even with anyone is to put them in the rearview mirror on your way to something better.'-Joe Hill
    'Gold don't come off. What's good stays good no matter how much of a beating it takes.' -Joe Hill (NOS4R2)
    'I will be waiting by candlelight in our tree house of the mind.' -Joe Hill (Horns)

Don't know if that helps at all (I hope it does, but they probably don't mean anything without the context of the stories).
    Mary Lucienne / Esther Mirabelle / Camellia Edie / Raphaela Mercy / Anouk Evangeline / Francesca Seraphim / Josephine Dove / Ida Annabelle / Shalom Odelia / Bethlehem Dominica / Lydia Tibeldie / Susanna Daisy / Jane Bloom / Willa Jessamine
    Amias Gardener / Moses Bellamy / Caspian Matthias / George Pello / Bertie Psalm / Quiller Andrew / Ezekiel Callahan / Nathaniel Charles

I have a T-shirt that I made aged 14 that says ''RIOTS NOT DIETS'' haha, it was for some feminist protest I went to. I still wear it

I've also been meaning to make a remake of this - http://www.flashartonline.com/upload...y-Holzer_g.jpg which is a Jenny Holzer art piece from the 90s which I've always adored; honestly any of her conceptual art truisms would make great T-shirts.

Are there any films you like a lot with iconic/well-known quotes? Or even non-famous ones... I would love ''It's all happening'' (Penny Lane, Almost Famous) on a t shirt
    much love and i are waiting for you;
    Emmett Oberon / Alec Emmanuel / Ingmar Nicholas / Wilfred Lysander / Rosemary Oona / Sybilla Briar / Aoife Darling / Fenella Bee

currently enfatuated with;
    fox, emerson, maudie, minnow

olivia, nineteen, filmmaker & future mama
    i have a cat called shura and i live in london

jem - I have never watched/read Harry Potter (call me crazy, I know. I just haven't got around to it) but that quote is perfect!

nooshi - So many good quotes! "This is not a bad life" is a great one.

oliviasarah - haha, "riots not diets" is fabulous! I do watch a lot of movies, but no quotes are coming to mind that aren't too cliche. Things like "We're all weird, get over it" and things similar to this.
    Jude, blackbird.

Teddy * Alma * Marian * Frances * Amra * Donovan