Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too matchy?

Too matchy?

We recently found out that I am pregnant with our surprise shock baby. My husband's grandmother recently passed away, and I was hoping to use her name, Marjorie, in some way- maybe with the nickname Margo. Unfortunantly, with our last name, which is close to McGee I'm afraid it is too matchy. So, is Margo McGee too matchy or is it a cute matchy (if that is even possible)?

I think Margo McGee is fine. I mean it's a bit cutesy but workable, they're similar sounding but distinct and well-known within themselves.

To honour a Margorie, you could pretty much use anything that stems from or relates to Margaret; Marguerite, Megan, Molly, Greta, Rita, Maisie, Maggie, Mamie, Madge, Mairead, Gretchen, Margareta. I do think Margo is adorable and a great way to honour Margorie, but if you did want something a bit less matchy these could all work.
    Emmett - Cathal - Eoghan - Baez - Wilfred - Rufus - Hugh - Virgil
    Rosemary - Lettice - Maude - Cordelia - Billie - Fenella - Eilidh

Names for dreamy, sublime little darlings. The smell of springtime air, freckled knees, damp hair. Soft evening light and fiery hearts.

olivia, seventeen, film student. owner of fluffy black cat Shura!

I think Margo McGee is fine. I really like Margo.
    Southern Belles:
    Alira Charlotte, Aurora Daisy, Calla Evangeline, Celia Grace, Emilia Daisy, Georgia Eloise, Grace Magnolia, Lorelei Briar, Rosalie Eden, Violet Seraphina

Handsome Gents:
    Abram Sawyer, Everett Foster, Ezra Bennett, Greyson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Lincoln Gatsby, Marshall Elliott, Miles Truman, Sumner Miles

I really love the sound of Margo McGee -- I'm an absolute sucker for alliteration. I also love the name Marjorie. It's too bad Marjorie McGee is a bit over the top. I think I might prefer Margot as a full name and Margo as a nickname.

Margo McGee is fine. But I'd change the spelling to Margot, just so both names don't end in a vowel. But that's just my name OCD though.
    Kaitlyn | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 1/20/2015 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/