Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too matchy?

Too matchy?

We recently found out that I am pregnant with our surprise shock baby. My husband's grandmother recently passed away, and I was hoping to use her name, Marjorie, in some way- maybe with the nickname Margo. Unfortunantly, with our last name, which is close to McGee I'm afraid it is too matchy. So, is Margo McGee too matchy or is it a cute matchy (if that is even possible)?

I think Margo McGee is fine. I mean it's a bit cutesy but workable, they're similar sounding but distinct and well-known within themselves.

To honour a Margorie, you could pretty much use anything that stems from or relates to Margaret; Marguerite, Megan, Molly, Greta, Rita, Maisie, Maggie, Mamie, Madge, Mairead, Gretchen, Margareta. I do think Margo is adorable and a great way to honour Margorie, but if you did want something a bit less matchy these could all work.
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student / traveller, obsessively maternal and owner of darling black cat Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Eilidh

I think Margo McGee is fine. I really like Margo.
    Southern Belles:
    Aurora Daisy

Audra Rose, Bridget Ivy, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Emilia Posey, Georgia Abigail, Halle Charlotte, Lorelei Blair, Mira Violet, Rosalie Eden

Handsome Gents:
    Lincoln Gatsby

Abram Sawyer, Everett Foster, Ezra Carver, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Marshall Hugo, Miles Sumner, Nathaniel Elliot

I really love the sound of Margo McGee -- I'm an absolute sucker for alliteration. I also love the name Marjorie. It's too bad Marjorie McGee is a bit over the top. I think I might prefer Margot as a full name and Margo as a nickname.

Margo McGee is fine. But I'd change the spelling to Margot, just so both names don't end in a vowel. But that's just my name OCD though.
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 12/16/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/