Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luna Sylvie

Luna Sylvie

I am 28 weeks pregnant with our girl, who we are decidedly naming Luna. We are not open to a new first name.

Sylvie has sentimental value for us both, and we love it...but I do not know that I love it in the middle spot here.

The other candidate is Luna Camille, which has much more flow and charm I think, but this name has no sentimental ties to it. It is just pretty, and we have decided we might like to save Camille for a second daughter, should we be lucky enough to have one.

What do you think of the name Luna Sylvie?
    Her last name begins with R and is three syllables long.

Thanks for your input.
    married to my prom date and best friend. anxiously awaiting our first baby, a girl called Luna, due in late October.

I think meaning trumps everything and it's not bad at all. Luna Sylvie is a fine name. If you were going for flow alone, I'd choose a 1-syllable or 3-syllable, and ideally something starting with a hard consonant after the a-ending. BUT I think the meaning wins.

Unless you're open to adding a second name? Luna Catherine Sylvie, for example. Definitely save Camille.
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)

I think Luna Sylvie sounds great! Those are two of my favorite names and I love them together!

I think Luna Sylvie and Luna Camille are both beautiful! Since Sylvie holds sentimental value for you, I would say to pick Luna Sylvie and save Camille, as you mentioned. I honestly think they are equal in flow and charm.
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

My vote is Luna Camille .
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author