Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks for the helpful advice! Don't worry, I'll be having some color too! This was just a one day start, it's not for everyday! As far as appearances go, I don't know, it seems that every girl is a pretty little stick figure that always complains on how "fat" they are. Maybe I'm doing that, too. We see ourselves in different ways, but I feel a little sad when a 110 lb girl my height wants to be 90 lbs. I feel that every one else is twenty pounds lighter than me. Confidence is something I used to have, but with junior high and puberty, it's like it just disappeared completely. Is that usually what happens? Regardless, thanks for the helpful advice, I'll start measuring my calorie intake!
    Dreaming of a future...
    · Charlotte · Rosemarie Elizabeth · Rhiannon ·
    · Ethan James · Alexander ·

That's a lot better than what I eat! Honestly, I just kind of nibble on food all day long. It's not the healthiest by any means, but at least I take a multivitamin, right? And, really, you're definitely not overweight at all. I'm the same height as you and I hover around 120-125. I totally understand what you're saying about skinny girls telling everyone they want to be any skinnier. It's sort of a body confidence thing, and junior high and high school are really the worst time for that. Everyone has a different body shape, and it's really important to have body peace. Obviously, much easier said than done, but try to make that your end goal. It took me years. As long as you're exercising a few times a week and eating healthy, I think you'll be much happier and healthier. Also, it's okay to have a treat now and then. You don't have to cut it out completely. Another piece of advice: do NOT weigh yourself everyday!!!! Say buh-bye to weighing yourself for a while. You just need to focus on sticking to your routine and feeling healthier. I honestly wouldn't bother counting your calorie intake. Some people get really crazy with that and refuse to go over it and that's just silly. As long as you're eating pretty healthy, you can really eat as much as you want. Lastly, make sure you're getting enough sleep! You should be sleeping at least 8 hours every night. The extra exercise should really help.

I believe in you! You've got this.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercandles View Post
    Thanks for the helpful advice! Don't worry, I'll be having some color too! This was just a one day start, it's not for everyday! As far as appearances go, I don't know, it seems that every girl is a pretty little stick figure that always complains on how "fat" they are. Maybe I'm doing that, too. We see ourselves in different ways, but I feel a little sad when a 110 lb girl my height wants to be 90 lbs. I feel that every one else is twenty pounds lighter than me. Confidence is something I used to have, but with junior high and puberty, it's like it just disappeared completely. Is that usually what happens? Regardless, thanks for the helpful advice, I'll start measuring my calorie intake!

I definitely think that happens with your early teens - I think everyone I know has gone through that, and, if they regain it (unlike I did), then it usually happens around age 17-18, when your hormones are leveling out more. I think it's completely natural to think that way, but, dieting isn't always the best way to get yourself more used to your body, because, sometimes, you get this idea of what you will look like before you start dieting, and, some body types just aren't meant to be little stick figures, and that's ok But, in my experiences, seeing myself and many classmates and friends dieting, we usually end up discouraged when we don't notice an immediate change, or if there's certain parts of us that just won't change (my chest, for example, or having larger hips).
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

I think yes. With puberty you are changing and have to get comfortable in your body again. I really understand seeing what the other girls are concerned with and wondering if there is something you should be concerned with too but it sounds like you're a healthy weight and willing to try and live a healthy lifestyle. I don't think you'll have any trouble becoming more confident and staying healthy hang in there, its a tough age but you can make the very best of it, don't worry too much

Ugh, Junior High will shatter your confidence within moments!

I really don't think you should count calories - it makes your life revolve around food and that is not healthy. I think cutting out soda is always a great idea, but drinking decaf tea hot or iced with maybe just a bit of honey is fine and will keep you from getting too bored with drinking water. My advice would just be to be aware of your choices and portions - for instance, a regular cheeseburger with a huge helping of veggies is a perfectly fine meal. And DEFINITELY eat junk food that you love in small amounts otherwise you just go crazy and binge.

really, though, don't stress about it - stress is bad for your waistline
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon