Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fraternal twins; I wanna stay true to our family's roots

Hello! So, I have now discovered that am pregnant with fraternal twins, one girl and one boy! I'm super excited and me and my husband have decided it's time to start naming. Just one thing, both our family's have a deep Christian faith, and it shows in our names. Ex. My names is Bethany, My husbands name is Gabriel, my brothers name is Andrew. So we want that to apply to our kids as well. We want a set of nice, modern, Christian (biblical, Hebrew, etc) names for our kids. So to start off, we threw out some first names, but just a few middle names. Tell me what you think and suggestions are always nice. Also, our surname is Henderson, so keep that in mind. Thank you!

Girl
    Danielle Legna
    Abigail
    Christina
    Casey Mae
    Naomi

Boy
    Gale
    Caleb
    Jason Germaine
    Levi
    Jeremy

Congrats to you and welcome to Nameberry! Here are my thoughts on your name lists.

Girls

Danielle Legna - Danielle is ok but the name is starting to sound a little tired. Is Legna of personal significance? How do you pronounce it?
    Abigail - I love the meaning of the name and its vintage charm. The only drawback: it's popular
    Christina - a fine name but again it suffers the same fatigue as Danielle.
    Casey Mae - I don't find this name particularly Christian even though Mae can be a nn for Mary. It's Irish and the combo has repetitive "ay" sounds which aren't ideal.
    Naomi - a less popular Biblical choice than Abigail and I do like the way it sounds with your surname too.

Suggestions

Grace
    Lydia
    Eve/Eva
    Eliza/Elise
    Lucy
    Christiane (instead of Christina)
    Faith
    Susannah
    Junia
    Ruth
    Charlotte
    Evangeline
    Sophie
    Esther
    Rachel
    Audrey
    Judith
    Anna
    Molly (nn for Mary)
    Clara

Boys

Gale - I can't see anything deeply Christian about this name. I've known a few female Gails so it's more of a feminine name in my life experience.
    Caleb - a strong Biblical standout
    Jason Germaine - the names are ok but together they have repetitive "ay" sounds.
    Levi - see Caleb. What about Levi Germaine? For flow, Levi is probably the best choice with Henderson.
    Jeremy - this form of Jeremiah is ok

Suggestions

Noah
    Isaac
    Asher
    Micah
    Seth
    Joel
    Asa
    Eli
    Silas
    Jude
    Luke
    Peter
    All the best,
    Mischa.

My favorites from your list are Abigail, Naomi, Caleb and Levi. Really, really nice names.

They also are totally interchangeable - as firsts and middles too! Certainly as firsts, you could go with either of each!

Levi Caleb and Naomi Abigail
    Caleb Levi and Naomi Abigail
    Levi Caleb and Abigail Naomi
    Caleb Levi and Abigail Naomi

Thank you so much for the advice! By the way, Legna is a family name, as is Casey, it's pronounced like Lena. Anyway, the first ones I had in mind were Naomi and Levi, so I think I'm gonna stick with those. Even as much as I love Noah, Isaac, Charlotte, Evangaline, and Grace. I think Naomi would sound better without a middle name, and I think Levi would too. I honestly think I've made a descision. I love Naomi and Levi, I like the way they sound with the surname, so, I think I'm done!
    Last edited by 01bethany01; August 5th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Naomi and Levi are my favorites! Congratulations.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander