Avia
    Avery
    Leda
    Piper
    Romilly
    Vivienne
    Adelaide

How I eliminate combos:
    I don't, they just don't make my top 20. Usually I grow out of names that I don't love really quickly so that also helps.

How I choose middles:
    I mostly like longer and classier middle names for girls, so I look into those.

Top 3 combos:
    Adalyn Faith, Lila Romilly, and Sadie Caroline
    Abby
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed.

Bows: Adair Elowen ~ Adalyn Faith ~ Iris Magdelen ~ Lila Romilly ~ Leonor Violet ~ Maeve Tallulah ~ Moira Seraphine ~ Sadie Caroline

Beaus: Archer Murray ~ Carter Jameson ~ Jasper Elias ~ Leo Finnegan ~ Nolan Christopher ~ Ronan August ~ Ryder Matthias ~ Torin Memphis

anything is possible from fifth position

Firstly, my top 20:

Isabelle
    Arianne
    Olivia
    Violet
    Emmeline
    Lillian
    Charlotte
    Eleni
    Catherine
    Eva
    Tess
    Winter
    Eleanor

I rarely am able to keep more than a top 13 (and I can't seem to get it below a top 13, either!), so the last 7 are pulling at straws...

Grace
    Audrey
    Adeline
    Odilia
    Rachel
    Cara (or some longer form, like Caroline/Carolina "Cara")
    Julia

And that was really, really hard, lol. I'm really set in my favorites! I can't love them any less, but no other ones really seem to compare.

lol, I usually DON'T eliminate. I think I'm incapable of it. These 13 have been stuck for a good while now. I may fall in or out of love with a combo, though. I generally go with what seems aesthetically pleasing at the time, but there's major brownie points if it has significance. Usually I have a working list of names I would like to get on my list, but wouldn't use them as a FN. Right now, that list includes Audrey, Odilia, Emma, Cosima, Emilia... It changes as time goes by. And of course, there will always be one family name involved, but they usually end up being short and sweet (Kate, Claire, Jane, Ruth/Rue, Grace, etc.), so they're not generally too hard to fit in there. My list is rife with names that honor my love of languages, literature, the French culture, family, my religion, etc.!

Right now:

Isabelle Aurora Grace "Bella/Issy"
    Arianne Eleanor Daisy (OR Arianne Eleanor Kate; I'm incapable of deciding! I thought I was set on Daisy but then I accidentally wrote Kate instead, and now I'm missing having Arianne Eleanor Kate, le sigh...) "Ari"
    Olivia Wren Camille "Livy/Liv"

Although I'm completely nonplussed with Olivia Wren Camille, I seem incapable of finding an Olivia combo I actually love, so I pretty much just endure Olivia Wren Camille until I get the energy to go through the months-long process of maybe finding an Olivia combo I genuinely like. :/

I don't have combos for all of these names, so I will just share the first names

1.) Juliet
    2.) Madeleine
    3.) Evelyn
    4.) Linnea
    5.) Clara
    6.) Emilia
    7.) Lydia
    8.) Stella
    9.) Eden
    10.) Fiona
    11.) Bridget
    12.) Anna
    13.) Anneliese
    14.) Lacie or Lacey (Not sure which spelling I like better)
    15.) Eliza
    16.) Violet
    17.) Madeline
    18.) Natalie
    19.) Alina
    20.) Ella

Edit: Forgot to answer the questions!

How do you eliminate names/combos?
    I had a few names on my list that I love, but when my mom went thru the list, she mispronounced them. Of course I corrected her and I doubt she would mispronounce it again, but I know other people would still butcher it. That's a big one for me. I don't want my child to have to correct people on pronunciation their whole lives. There are still a few on my list that could have a pronunciation issues, but I love them to much to take them off. (Linnea and Madeleine) Also, I removed a couple that got bad reactions from family. Some names were to close to people we don't like (ex: Francesca is too close to Frances). Normally if I have a name someone doesn't like I just blow it off, but if the name will offend someone I will take it off.

How do you choose middles?
    Normally things that flow well, or mean something. My top 3 girls names have family names in the middle spot. 2 of them honoring and one name I just like. (but it still belongs to a family member who was well liked even though I never got to meet her)

What are your top 3 combinations off your list?
    My favorite combos at the moment are:

Juliet Grace
    Madeleine Hope
    Evelyn Ruby
    Last edited by erin91; August 5th, 2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

MY Top 20: (these aren't all my favourites, but ones I would actually use- there's a big difference!)

June
    Eleanor
    Juliet
    Audrey
    Emma
    Alice
    Agathe
    Daphne
    Edith
    Millicent
    Helena
    Verity
    Meredith
    Iris
    Dorothy
    Ada
    Flora
    Minerva
    Cora
    Pearl

How do you eliminate names/combos?
    I usually eliminate names I think my parents would have a hard time liking or pronouncing! I also think about hearing someone ELSE announce their baby's name as a combo I like, and see what I think of it objectively

Normally things that flow well, or mean something

My favourite combos at the moment would be:

June Claire
    Audrey Emma
    Iris Eleanor

Boys Names I'm Loving

Henry, James, Hugo, Albert, August, Rupert, Arthur, Heath, Victor, William

Girls Names I'm Loving

Audrey, Emma, Simone, Eleanor, Meredith, June, Katherine, Delphine, Dorothy, Juliette, Celeste, Alice, Joy, Iris, Emmeline, Cora

Please vote on my name list!

What are everyone's top 20 names for a girl? This is in order of preference.
    Pandora Valencia Fae
    Evanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Beatrix Clara Elizabeth
    Rowenna Ailith Winter
    Morgana Hermione Clio
    Phaedra Georgiana Enid
    Arabella Rosalind Constance
    Saffron Tallulah Frances
    Mairead Imogen Elspeth
    Olympia Persephone Wren
    Skylark Amelia Florence
    Arietta Jessamine Rue
    Anidora Magdalene Freyja
    Lothira Charlotte Raven
    Lillith Evelyn Astrid
    Althaia Kalliope Luna
    Thaleia Morwenna Brontë
    Elaphia Iris Minuet
    Mélodie Aurora Snow
    Eibhlin Isadora Nyla

How do you choose/eliminate names or combinations?
    I don't really eliminate many combos/names (I've only eliminated 1) but with the one I did eliminate, it was because I disliked the sound. I'd been saying it wrong, and I didn't like the actual pronunciation as much, so it was gone. I think the real eliminating will start when I actually come to having an SO. It's kind of annoying atm, because I desperately want to know if any of these will actually be used.:P

If the first has a really strong image or feel, I try to find middles that have a similar image. Rowenna is probably my best example. It brought images of magic and ice, so I had to find middles with a similar feel (Ailith being magical, and Winter being ice/cold). At some point I really wanted to have a middle ending in -th in that combo, hence Ailith. And for my top girls combo, I deliberately wanted to have a good combined meaning, so flow is a little less important. Otherwise, I just look for names on my list that sound good with the first, and try to include names with good associations/ more significance higher up my list.

Pandora Valencia Fae
    Evanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Beatrix Clara Elizabeth
    Last edited by myosotis; August 5th, 2014 at 07:11 PM.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ HermioneCaesuraBelladonnaAlecJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •