Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I only have a few favourite combos, but these are top 20 of names that I would actually use so they exclude all GPS (only my top faves have firm combos);
    Estella
    Eilidh
    Jemima
    May
    Billie
    Imogen
    Caoimhe
    Jessamine
    Ophelia
    Martha
    Saffron
    Clementine
    Oona
    Fenella
    Beatrix
    Constance
    Gwen
    Geraldine
    Iseabail
    Fran

My top combos are; Billie Cordelia, Estella Margaret and Jemima Gertrude.

I have a similar policy of 'would I actually use this for a baby', and I also consider where or not I would want it to be my own name. I think that's really important when it comes to names but it's easy to forget about. I like them to have some personal significance too.

As for middle names, I actually do have quite a strong criteria and a list of middles I really want to use; Margaret, Kinvara/Kintyre (place names), Eithne, Amelia, Briar, Beatrix, Cordelia, Gertrude, Agnes, Bluebell, Imogen, Muirin, Rosemary. I just want them to have origins or a heavy history within the British Isles, preferably honouring relatives or Irish/Scottish/(N.English?) heritage. And I like Shakespeare or toher literary connections too.

I'm in love with Doris Olivia and Betsy Imogen by the way!
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura <3

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima - Elizabeth - Delia
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh - Amadeus - Wes

You all have such lovely name lists!

@artemisathena0107 - I love seeing Arianwen, Hermione, and Ophelia on someone else's list - they're gorgeous names! Some of my other favourites are on your list too; Felicity, Lucy, Verity, Violet and Juliette.

@Steampunkleo - Anna, Alice and Poppy are favourites of mine too Haha, I have problems with my accent as well, Dorothy, for example, comes out as 'dor-thee', and I can't make a lot of the correct sounds for Welsh names - which is sort of a bummer, as I'd love to use a lot of Welsh names to honour my heritage.

@Eoxima - I love a lot of the names off your list - Freya, Arabella, Lily, India, Sienna, Ivy, Lyla, they're lovely choices. I totally get you on the stress with middle names, I often run them by my best friend for a second opinion on flow and sounds.

@oliviasarah - oooh I'm in love with a lot of your list! Eilidh, Billie, Saffron, Clementine (which sadly, I cannot use ), Jemima, Imogen, Fenella, May, Caoimhe, Ophelia & Martha are gorgeous. I like how you establish certain personal names as middles - it's a really great idea, I just wish there weren't so many people in my family so I could do something similar As for Doris Olivia & Betsy Imogen - Thank you! Betsy Imogen was almost Betty Imogen, but I think I prefer the 's' in Betsy, Doris Olivia was sort of a last minute idea (I do my best thinking when I'm half asleep apparently!) to replace Doris Amelia. I love Amelia, but I think I prefer her as a sister to Doris, rather than a middle.
    haley/officially nineteen/lover of Jane Austen and Downton Abbey/

Girls: Doris, Georgiana, Amelia, Lillian, Edna, Clara, Minnie, Mabel, Arabella

Boys: Matthew, Christopher, Daniel, Louis, Ernest, James, Joshua, Harrison, Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

My top 20 girls' names are, more or less:

1. Zoe
    2. Catherine
    3. Veronica
    4. Penelope
    5. Elizabeth/Isabella
    6. Daphne
    7. Anastasia
    8. Seraphina/e
    9. Ophelia
    10. Felicity
    11. Theophania
    12. Miranda
    13. Eve/Eva/Evangeline
    14. Vesper/a/ia
    15. Magdalena/Madeleine
    16. Victoria
    17. Calliope
    18. Valentina/Valentine
    19. Cecilia/Cecile
    20. Gwendolyn

But my top twenty combos are more like this:

1. Zoe Artemisia
    2. Catherine Ophelia
    3. Isobel Theophania
    4. Veronica Seraphine
    5. Penelope Valentine
    6. Anastasia Cecile
    7. Elizabeth Morgana
    8. Daphne Magdalena
    9. Felicity Rhiannon
    10. Maria Calliope
    11. Victoria Melisande
    12. Miranda Vesper
    13. Evangeline Aurelia
    14. Gwendolyn Octavia
    15. Olivia Christabel
    16. Sophia Guinevere
    17. Serena Tanith
    18. Phoebe Alexandrina
    19. Vivian Emmanuelle
    20. Juliet Rosalia

If my husband and I have three daughters, our top choices are Catherine Ophelia, Isobel Theophania, and Veronica Seraphine.

Our preferred style is a classic, familiar name in the first spot, with something more unexpected in the middle, so that's why some of the names I listed in my top twenty are in the middle position instead of the first. To make the combo list, I basically just listed my favorite common names, then combined them with my more unusual favorites.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Top 20::

Jane
    Fiona
    Gwyneth
    Flora
    Naomi
    Thea
    Evangeline
    Louisa
    Solana
    Cordelia
    Elowen
    Elena
    Greta
    Marianne
    Liana
    Rosalind
    Paloma
    Marni
    Geneva
    Vita
    Bridget

:: I eliminate names that don't work with our surname, or are too close to a family members name

:: I don't have a lot of middle but I would like them to honor family members without using their actual names

Top 3 combos::

Jane Carys
    Gwyneth Margaret
    Thea Eloise

Considering:
    🍂Jane 🎃 Fiona 🎃 Thea 🎃 Alice 🎃 Evangeline 🎃 Bridget 🎃 Gwyneth🍂
    🍂Oren 🎃 Lars 🎃 Bram 🎃 Griffin 🎃 Jude 🎃 Nolan 🎃 Kieran 🎃 Otis🍂

I tend to eliminate names that are difficult to pronounce or have too many possible pronunciations. Also names that are too popular or that are associated with one particular thing in pop culture. Names that are too unusual or difficult to wear as first names get delegated to the first middle name position. The second middle name honors family.

Top twenty girls (not in order):

Dahlia
    Elowen
    Cassia
    Rowan
    Alaina
    Luna
    Elizabeth
    Clara
    Genevieve
    Helena
    Roslyn
    Nora
    Freya
    Hazel
    Anya
    Matilda
    Athena
    Autumn
    Cordelia
    Beatrix
    Last edited by uselesskitty; August 5th, 2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!