Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Toss one out, and suggest something new

Last night, my husband and I discussed baby names (yay!). He vetoed many of my favourites (including Vera, Matilda and Louisa...sigh...) but he did provide lots of helpful comments, and together we came up with a top 4 for boys and girls (couldn't make it to top 5).

I thought it might be helpful if you told me which was your LEAST favourite for each list (maybe you don't think the name "goes" with the others, or maybe you just don't like it), and then suggest a new name to replace it, perhaps one that you think fits in better.

Girls
    Rosalind
    Eleanor
    Beatrix
    Miriam

Boys
    Frederick
    Edwin
    Desmond
    Arthur

Thanks for your help berries!

Girls
    Rosalind
    Eleanor
    Beatrix
    Miriam
    Least favorite: Eleanor
    Suggest: Helena

Boys
    Frederick
    Edwin
    Desmond
    Arthur
    Least favorite: Arthur
    Suggest: Abram
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Rowan Evangeline - Saffron Ava - Jane Calliope - Nula Rose - Charlotte Mazarine - Seraphine Olivia - Walter Abram - Seth Constantine - Desmond Jack - Rufus Balthazar - Frank Israfel - Wolfram Zephyr - Malcolm Sebastian - Tansy - Tula - Hannele - Maisie - Ruth - Harlow - Holly - Noelle - Sadie - Ambrose - Langston - Miles - Hezekiah - Lucy Isabeau - Ingrid Esme - Genevieve Eden - Helen Preeya - Isra Havala - Rhiannon Holly

Girls least favorite: Miriam
    Reason: I just don't like the name, but it seems to fit well
    Suggestion: Mirabelle/Mirabel- Has the same sound as Miriam with a bit of a "modern twist"

Boys least favorite: Desmond
    Reason: It doesn't seem to really fit. It doesn't feel as classic and vintage as the other boys names.
    Suggestion: Dustin or Daniel-Dustin doesn't really fit but I like it better than Desmond and it has the feel to me. Daniel fits but I'm not sure how you feel about it.
    Nineteen year-old name-lover, dreaming of someday being a mommy <3

Alaric, Atticus, Benjamin, Declan, Dexter, Finn, Garrett, Jack, Jude, Luke, Lysander, Oakley, Oliver, Patrick, Ryder, Ryker, Sawyer, Sebastian, Wylder "Wylie"

Alice, Annabelle, Ardyn, Chloe, Claire, Clara, Eleanor "Ellie", Elizabeth, Ella, Emily, Emma, Evangeline "Evie", Everleigh, Felicity, Genevieve, Josephine "Josie", Mabel, Olivia, Paisley, Reagan, Stella

Girls' names least favourite: Miriam
    Suggestion: Imogen

Boys' names least favourite: Desmond
    Suggestion: Oscar
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Girls
    Rosalind
    Eleanor
    Beatrix
    Miriam

Least favourite: Miriam. I don't know, I just can't stand it. There's nothing wrong with it, and I technically should like it.
    Suggestion: Minerva

Boys
    Frederick
    Edwin
    Desmond
    Arthur

Least favourite: Edwin. I like it in theory, but I don't think I would like it on a person, if that makes sense.
    Suggestion: Edmund
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712