Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Love or GP? Let me know what you think....

I'm finally tackling the boy's list. For now, I'm not worried about popularity. I only want to know TWO things:
    (1) Do you love this name? (2) Do you think this name should stay on the GP list only?
    Sebastian
    Ezra
    Ephraim
    Owen
    Balthazar
    Bastian
    Auden
    Sinclair
    Jamison
    Everett
    Emmett
    Liam
    Abram
    Hezekiah
    Jacob
    Zacharias
    Jonathan
    Jeremy
    Elijah
    Conlan
    Lachlan
    Lucien
    Caleb
    Alexander
    Ezekiel
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Saffron Jane Calliope - Noa Calliope Rose - Charlotte Mazarine Eden - Noa Frances Mazarine - Saffron Mazarine Rose - Mazarine Frances Noa - Rhiannon Leigh Noelle - Rowan Sophia Mazarine - Oswell Constantine - Irving Balthasar - Balthazar Lucas - Israfel Ronin - Walter Zephram - Paul Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

I don't think any should stay on the GP list. They're all usable in my opinion. These are the names I love. The others I just like or dislike, or are okay.
    Sebastian- Love
    Ephraim- Love! One of my favourites
    Lachlan- Love! Another favourite
    Alexander- Love
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I think pretty much all of them are usable. I personally would keep Ephraim, Balthazar, Sinclair, Hezekiah and Conlan on the GP/middles only list. I love:
    Sebastian
    Emmett
    Jeremy
    Elijah
    Caleb
    Alexander
    Ezekiel
    - Evelyn - Alice - Margot - Edith - Maeve - Gaia - Sylvie - Indira - Martha - Beatrix - Miriam (Miri) - Freya -

- Seth - Marcus - Stefan - Roran (Rory) - Caspar - Reuben - Malachi - Christopher (Kit) - Eben - Gideon -

- Eden - Indigo - Ezri - Ophelia (Effie) - Zinnia - / - Tycho - Atticus - Beckett - Marius - Zephyr -

I love these the most from your list:
    Sebastian
    Ezra
    Owen
    Bastian
    Emmett
    Jeremy
    Elijah
    Caleb
    boys: Julian, Leo, Oscar, Peter, Wesley
    girls: Matilda, Leona, Hazel, Claudia, Ramona

Sebastian - I like it a lot. I love Twelfth Night, and I love the nns Seb, Ash, Ian, and Bastian (even just Bas). I think it's great. Definitely not a GP.
    Ezra - I like it a lot, but prefer it as a MN. I'm not sure I love it, but I do like it.
    Ephraim - like this, too.
    Owen - LOVE Owen! I've been thinking about it for my own list.
    Balthazar - I love this! It just might be too GPish, but I love it (especially the Balthasar spelling). It's in my family tree, and I love the ties to Christmas.
    Bastian - Is it awful of me to say I love this because of Bastian Schweinsteiger? It's not because I am in love with him as a player; I just really love the German national team.
    Auden - I like it a lot. With its similarity to Aidan, I feel it's definitely usable. I am a big fan.
    Sinclair - No, not a fan at all. I don't like that it has "sin" in it, and it seems very harsh to me.
    Jamison - I like it. I prefer Jameson, and I like other -son names even more (Harrison, Grayson, Emerson), but Jameson's cool.
    Everett - love! It's my second favorite boys' name. I adore it.
    Emmett - I like Emmett, but I prefer Everett, and I love too many girls' Em- names (Emmeline! Emilia!) to really consider Emmett for a guy. It's still nice, though, and I like hearing it.
    Liam - I like it, but prefer William in general, and I prefer William as a middle, mainly because I don't like any of his nns. Still nice, though, but exceedingly popular.
    Abram - not a fan at all, I must say. Sorry. I love the nn Bram, but I've never seen the appeal in Abraham or just Abram. It's fine for someone else's kid, though, and definitely usable.
    Hezekiah - I feel this is much less usable, but a nice way to get to Zeke if you dislike Ezekiel (which you obviously don't. ).
    Jacob - too popular and drab for me these days, but I used to love it, and I think it'd be refreshing to meet a grown up Jacob who goes by just Jacob (and not the dreaded Jake! I don't get the appeal of Jake at all, haha.).
    Zacharias - I like Zachariah more, but this is nice. I like the options of Zach, Ari, and even Arias/Rye.
    Jonathan - Jonathan was one of my first favorite boys' names. I still like it, but I prefer Jack and Joseph to it (which aren't terribly related, but I really love Jack and Joseph/Joe).
    Jeremy - I like it, but it feels a wee bit dated. I probably wouldn't use it, but definitely not unusable.
    Elijah - I like it, but it's rampantly popular. I swear to you, I counted over the course of about 3 years, and I met 25-26 Elijahs/Alijahs. It's lovely, and I even really would love to see it on my own list (maybe as a middle), but I wouldn't use it up front. It's not even top 10, and it still is everywhere.
    Conlan - maybe a bit on the GP side? It's okay, and pretty usable, but a little out there for me.
    Lachlan - I like it a lot. Totally usable.
    Lucien - I prefer Lucian, but Lucien's okay. I don't like that it has Lucie in it; it somehow seems more feminine than Lucian to me (although Lucian has Lucia in it, so maybe I'm just being hypocritical. haha).
    Caleb - LOVE IT! Caleb is my favorite boys' name. Totally usable.
    Alexander - like it a lot; it's on my list as a middle.
    Ezekiel - I don't mind it, and it's definitely usable and Zeke's cool. I probably wouldn't use it, but I'd be happy to meet a little Ezekiel.

I don't find any of them particularly GPish, maybe Balthazar or Conlan. But otherwise, they're all great.

Good luck!