Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freya

Freya

I've been thinking about Freya lately What's your opinion on it? I love the myth connection, plus I'm in the States so it isn't very popular. It makes for a stronger, more substantial alternative to Faye, which is also lovely.

What kind of name would you pair it with?
    I was thinking:

Freya Charlotte
    Freya Miriam
    Freya Guinevere
    Freya Beatrix
    Freya Josephine

When it's in first place, I think a middle with a strong consonant beginning (L, C, S, M, R, B) is better, since the -eya ending is so soft.

Antonia Freya
    Elodie Freya
    Silvia Freya

In the middle spot, I think it sounds better if the first name ends in a vowel, to balance the consonant-heavy Fr- beginning.

What do you think?
    Any and all ideas, opinions, an/or suggestions welcome
    ~LL~
    - Elise -

- lists under construction -

I love it! It's on my list and it's so soft, girly but strong as well. I love the Norse mythology tie it has and the fact Freya is the Norse goddess of love, beauty and fertility! It's popular where I am (England) but I don't care anyway, and considering you're in the US where it's not so much, it'll be a refreshing name to see there!

Freya Charlotte is lovely. I also like Freya Madeleine.

eryn.
    18-year-old media student.

My order of preference:
    Freya Miriam - I really like this combination
    Freya Beatrix - There is something sweet and spunky about this
    Freya Charlotte - This feels very natural to me, both are soft and lovely
    Freya Josephine - It works
    Freya Guinevere - This also works but Guinevere is nms.
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Mazarine Frances Noa nn Mazzy - Saffron Jane Calliope nn Sas - Noa Calliope Rose nn Noey - Seraphina Frances Olivia nn Sara, Fia, Raffy - Rhiannon Holly Noelle nn Rhia, Annie, Nonny - Rowan Stella Mazarine nn Rosie - Oswell Constantine - Irving Balthasar - Balthazar Lucas - Israfel Ronan - Walter Zephram - Alfred Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

I like Freya, I have it as a middle (but spelt Frejya). I really love Freya Guinevere, Freya Beatrix, and Freya Charlotte, although that might be because I love all 3 middles too. With Freya as a middle, I quite like Silvia Freya. I also think Magdalene Freya (part of my combo) or Freya Magdalene could be nice, and Freya Evangeline popped into my head for some reason.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ ClioVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I would never personally use it, but I do like it. My friend wanted to use it at one point though, and her and her fiancé were going to pair Freya with Lux. Their boy name was Leo James
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 10/14/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/