Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freya

Freya

I've been thinking about Freya lately What's your opinion on it? I love the myth connection, plus I'm in the States so it isn't very popular. It makes for a stronger, more substantial alternative to Faye, which is also lovely.

What kind of name would you pair it with?
    I was thinking:

Freya Charlotte
    Freya Miriam
    Freya Guinevere
    Freya Beatrix
    Freya Josephine

When it's in first place, I think a middle with a strong consonant beginning (L, C, S, M, R, B) is better, since the -eya ending is so soft.

Antonia Freya
    Elodie Freya
    Silvia Freya

In the middle spot, I think it sounds better if the first name ends in a vowel, to balance the consonant-heavy Fr- beginning.

What do you think?
    Any and all ideas, opinions, an/or suggestions welcome
    ~LL~

I love it! It's on my list and it's so soft, girly but strong as well. I love the Norse mythology tie it has and the fact Freya is the Norse goddess of love, beauty and fertility! It's popular where I am (England) but I don't care anyway, and considering you're in the US where it's not so much, it'll be a refreshing name to see there!

Freya Charlotte is lovely. I also like Freya Madeleine.

ARIA CELESTE πŸ™΅ JUDE EMERSON
    full list of combos

My order of preference:
    Freya Miriam - I really like this combination
    Freya Beatrix - There is something sweet and spunky about this
    Freya Charlotte - This feels very natural to me, both are soft and lovely
    Freya Josephine - It works
    Freya Guinevere - This also works but Guinevere is nms.
    * My name is Adelaide. I love to play with names.*
    Saffron Jane Calliope - Seraphine Mariah Rose - Rhiannon Noelle - Rowan Mazarine - Oswell Constantine - Maceo Alexander - Lucas Balthazar - Israfel Ronin - Paul Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

I like Freya, I have it as a middle (but spelt Frejya). I really love Freya Guinevere, Freya Beatrix, and Freya Charlotte, although that might be because I love all 3 middles too. With Freya as a middle, I quite like Silvia Freya. I also think Magdalene Freya (part of my combo) or Freya Magdalene could be nice, and Freya Evangeline popped into my head for some reason.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (18) | Future mummy 😏
    Dreaming of...
    β—‹ Demelza β€’ Beatrix/Viatrix β€’ Marigold β€’ Damaris β€’ Artemis β€’ Phaedra β€’ Olympia β€’ Evanthe β€’ Amadea β—‹
    Caspian Sherlock Walter β—‹ Pandora Valencia Fae
    β—‹ Ptolemy Lysander Albert | Horatio Phoenix Arthur | Nikolai Emrys Altair | Artemus Dorian Hugo β—‹
    Mister Men Combos β—‹ Little Misses Combos
    β—‹ "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end." β—‹

I would never personally use it, but I do like it. My friend wanted to use it at one point though, and her and her fiancΓ© were going to pair Freya with Lux. Their boy name was Leo James
    Kaitlyn | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 1/20/2015 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/