Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Essure

Essure

I am interested in getting the Essure permanent birth control after my baby is born next year. I have read a bit about it online and it sure sounds easier than having my husband get the snip. I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten it, is considering it, or knows someone who has gotten Essure. I'm wondering if anyone has even heard of Essure since I still hear and read of people having their husbands get vasectomies, but I've never heard or read of Essure being discussed. Would you ever consider permanent birth control?
    DS: Warren Isaac
    Expecting #2 January 1st
    Leona, Andromeda, Martha, Mary, Antonia, Roisin, Juliet, Claire, Noelle, Delphine, Solenne, Valerie, Eve, Mireille, Victoria, Athena, Gillian, Nadia, Millicent, Calista, Anthea, Honora

Thomas \ Tom, Edwin, Edward, Herbert, Lawrence, Orion, Niall, Solomon, Glen, Graham, Donovan, Isaac, Dean, Joaquin, Ivan, Otto, Hugh, Somerled, Lloyd, Kurt, Oscar, Victor, Vincent, Ferdinand

I had never heard of Essure. I went ahead and researched it on the Mayo Clinic site and some other reputable medical sites.

Personally, I would not choose to use Essure. Of course I am not a physician and so do not know all that a doctor does, however the build up of scar tissue in your body does not sound like something that is healthy for your body. Again, I'm not a doctor and that could be completely incorrect. Hopefully blade will respond and give us the medical insight. Other than that I just don't think I would be comfortable with having the coils in my Fallopian tubes.

No matter what you choose be sure to out careful thought into it. Good luck.

I attempted to have the Essure procedure done last year in order to make my IVF more successful. (Yes that seems counterintuitive but just go with it). It is usually a very simply and easy procedure much like an IUD. Everything I had read on the internet made it seem so easy and so simple and so fab. I did read all the Erin Brokovitch class action law suit stuff, and it really scared me. I asked my doctor about all those women with chronic pelvic pain, and she just brushed it off. Anyways, the procedure was not successful, and after 45 minutes of yanking around my uterus and me screaming in pain they quit tring to place the coils. They did give me medicine to take before hand, but it was all excruciating. The procedure itself was not conducted in a professional manner, and I left feeling violated and humiliated. Billing was a separate nightmare and took 8 months to resolve my $1800 bill (I was originally told by my insurance that it would be free under the Affordable Care Act). My case was very abnormal and many people have no problems with it at all, but I'm honestly very glad that my procedure was not successful and now I no longer dwell on it. Have you looked into it more? What are your thoughts about getting it? I'm didn't mean to provide such a negative review, but I wanted to be honest.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Thanks for the responses. I have been reading all of the medical info I can find and I still think it sounds OK. My OB office has me rotate through seeing all of the OBs and midwives there during my pregnancy, so I'll ask all of them with their opinions on it are too.

I guess it's silly to read much into other people's experiences, but I'm terrified of IUD's since a friend of mine had a lot of complications and a woman my mom knows had to have a histerectomy because of an IUD. That was my plan to get an IUD. Now I'm too scared, but I guess Essure can have some very bad complications too. We'll see. I'm not sure what to do, but I definitely want to find some sort of permanent or very long lasting birth control that won't fail me if I'm absent minded.
    Last edited by lovewn; August 7th, 2014 at 01:46 AM.
    DS: Warren Isaac
    Expecting #2 January 1st
    Leona, Andromeda, Martha, Mary, Antonia, Roisin, Juliet, Claire, Noelle, Delphine, Solenne, Valerie, Eve, Mireille, Victoria, Athena, Gillian, Nadia, Millicent, Calista, Anthea, Honora

Thomas \ Tom, Edwin, Edward, Herbert, Lawrence, Orion, Niall, Solomon, Glen, Graham, Donovan, Isaac, Dean, Joaquin, Ivan, Otto, Hugh, Somerled, Lloyd, Kurt, Oscar, Victor, Vincent, Ferdinand

@lovewn - I think it's a good idea to discuss with the different doctor's and midwives to see their opinions, they should have more information about both pros and cons and of course can tell you success rates and unsuccessful rates of Essure. Good luck in whatever you choose!