Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ceres and Selene?

I have two little girls, Isis and Selene, and need potential sibling names.

Ceres is growing on me, but do you think it sounds too much like Selene?

Can you suggest anything else we might like?

Thanks for your time.

I don't think Ceres sounds too much like Selene, but I do think it sounds a bit like a mix of Isis and Selene. Maybe Cerelia instead? Or Demeter/Demetria?

Oo, I really like the idea of Juno in the sibset! Minerva or Pomona would be interesting, too
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander ?, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Thanks for the feedback and the ideas

DH's grandmother made me promise not to ever use Minerva for some strange reason.

I think I'm leaning toward two syllables. I really like Lorelei, Artemis, Arcadia, and a few others... but they just seem too long :/

Quote Originally Posted by mirimouse View Post
    I think I'm leaning toward two syllables. I really like Lorelei, Artemis, Arcadia, and a few others... but they just seem too long :/
    Do you pronounce Selene the three syllable Greek way (Se-lee-nee) or like Celine? If it's the first way, Lorelei and Artemis aren't any longer, syllable-wise, and all those names are only a letter longer than Selene. (And if it's like Celine, then Ceres and Selene only share a beginning sound, so definitely not too close at all.)
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander ?, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity