Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    1. Aria
    2. Cecilia
    3. Francesca
    4. Yasmine
    5. Bernadette

first three are stable, the rest changes a lot.
    Marta Aleksandra. 22.
    * Serena. *

♀ Aria * Cecilia * Francesca * Sage * Lavender * Valentina * Solstice * Blair * Saga *

♂ Noel * Frederick * Claude * Edgar * Bernard * Louis * Tristan * Heath * Alistair *

Last edited by doctorwho; July 31st, 2014 at 04:56 AM.
    Finn | Felix | Noah | August | Amelia | Clara | Hazel | Florence

"You can't see me, can you? You look at me and you can't see me. Do you have any idea what that's like? I'm not on the phone, I'm right here. Standing in front of you. Please, just... just see me."
    - The Twelfth Doctor

In no particular order (I put in 6, because I cannot decide):

1.) Bunny Maude: Bunny is just the sort of name that makes me feel incredibly happy. I named my miniature belted Galloway cow Bunny, and she made me love the name even more. It also honours my great grandmother in a vague way, because her nicknames were Badger and Ducky. Maude is a beautiful name, and it also honours both my great grandmother (via the meaning) and my own mother (via the sound of her middle name). But mostly it is just because I love the names.

2.) Nanetta Yuki Florence: Nanetta honours my mum, Ann, and my Nana. I also think the meaning (grace) is beautiful. Yuki honours my great grandmother on my mother's side, as Yuki was her name. Florence honours my great grandmother on my dad's side, as her middle name was Flora, and she was born in Florence, Italy. I love that all together, this name can mean either 'graceful snow flower' or 'graceful snow flourish.' This name also honours my Dad, as he is a horticulturalist, and snowdrops are among his favourite flowers.

3.) Vesper Novella Opal: I just love the name and meaning of Vesper, and I am a writer, so Novella reflects that. Opal's were my Nana's favourite stone, and every birthday, she used to give me a small opal from her collection. So, I think it is a lovely reminder of her. She lived a very monastic life, save for her opals .

4.) Frances Henriette- Frances honours my grandpa through the meaning, as well as every single male on that side of the family. It also honours my mother's half sister, Francesca. Henriette is just a wonderful name.

5.) Agnes Happy: I just adore this name, and as silly as it sounds, it honours my great grandmother in a vague way (her name was Edith Flora, and Edith is the sister of Agnes is Despicable Me. I can't use Edith, because my sister's name is Eden / Edie). Happy is a reminder of everything I want my children to be in life.

6.) Esther Opal: I love both of these names (see above for the significance of Opal).

Bunny Maude, Nanetta Yuki Florence, Vesper Novella Opal, Frances Henriette, Agnes Happy and Esther Opal.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

Forewarned: I suck at middle names.

Rosalie Arwen - Rose
    I've loved Rose since I was a little girl, but always felt it was too nickname-y. So, hence, Rosalie. It's beautiful. It also incorporates two of my favourite characters (from different book series) so that's a bonus. Arwen is the name of a lady from one of my favourite series (LOTR). I'm not sure about the flow, though. Again, I really suck at middle names.

Evangeline Lacey - Eva
    This is a combo I'm actually quite happy with. I adore Eve names. Eva brings me far enough away from Adam and Eve that I'm happy with, and as a nickname for Evangeline (which is beautiful), it just really ties it all together. Lacey is frilly and cute next to the more regal Evangeline - but I really like it. I am, however, slightly conflicted as I adore Lacey Evangeline, too (but I slightly prefer Eva - hence the combo listed!)

Anna Genevieve - Annie
    Another combo I'm extremely happy with. In my area, Anna is pronounced ah-nah, but I love ann-ee. So I'm just going to cut a few corners here and name her Anna (ah-nah) and nickname her Annie (ann-ee). It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's perfect to me. Annie also incorporates both of my grandmothers - as one has it as their middle name and the other as a nickname. Genevieve is longer and more queenly next to the striking to-the-point Anna. Not many people like this, but meh. Also, btw, regardless of popular believe, is not inspired from Frozen - I've loved this name beforehand.

Astrid ______
    I love Astrid. Inspired by one of my favourite characters in a children's movie (How To Train Your Dragon), I love how strong and, well, viking it is. The character is everything I've ever admired in a person, so, hence the name. Also hoping my daughter would look up to her - especially if she share's the name. It's incredibly tough to pair with though - anything too 'tough' sounds like I'm trying to hard next to it, and anything 'soft' just doesn't go.

Poppy Matilda
    Love Poppy, though it is too nickname-y to me. But I love it anyway. And full names for it I don't like (Penelope) or are just too much of a stretch (Ophelia, Josephine) for it to come naturally. Poppy is also a name of a main character from the first 'adult' book I read as a kid. Matilda because I think it sounds nice next Poppy, plus, again, the character from the movie Matilda was a character I admired as a child.

These names are inspired by people who have inspired me throughout my life (whether fictional, living or dead). It may seem childish (especially since most of them are from kids movies) but honestly, these are the things that have affected me the most from my childhood. As someone who grew up in the country, I didn't have a lot of people to look up to except the people I saw on TV or read about in books. And I just like the names in general.

“You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it.”
    --Robin Williams--

Call me
    Hazel {pen name} or Rory {nickname}
    Astrid Eira Elowen Eva Juno Nova Poppy Rose Soleil Sunniva
    Christian Donovan Edmund Elliot Julian Leo Orion Theodore Vincent Walter

I haven't paired up all my names, but I have a top 5 for firstnames and top for the middle spot
    Firsts:
    Clover
    Luna
    Esther
    Anika
    Joy

Middles: (all have personal connections)
    Alouette
    Lavender
    Monet
    Noor
    Elia