Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Last edited by mulme944; July 28th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin 05/12
    and Angus Loudon is due April 6th, 2015

Ainsley & Salter & _____

What about a more exotic version of Elizabeth, since that name has meaning to the family?

Lisette *
    Alisa
    Bettina *
    Lisaveta *
    Elyse
    Liesel * (rhymes with diesel)
    Isabella
    Lisbet
    Bettine
    Isabeau
    Lillybeth
    Elsa
    Sabela
    Lilianne
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Saffron Jane Calliope - Noa Calliope Rose - Charlotte Mazarine Eden - Noa Frances Mazarine - Saffron Mazarine Rose - Mazarine Frances Noa - Rhiannon Leigh Noelle - Rowan Sophia Mazarine - Oswell Constantine - Irving Balthasar - Balthazar Lucas - Israfel Ronin - Walter Zephram - Paul Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

Quote Originally Posted by jtay07 View Post
    What's your style? The names you listed are pretty traditional but Ainsley and Salter seem modern to me.

Maeve
    Freya
    Elodie
    Leonie
    Mina
    Cressida
    Eleni
    Iris
    Paloma
    Cassia
    Britta
    Bellamy
    Fifer
    Cleo
    Blythe
    Blair
    Odette
    Della
    Vera
    Haven
    Saskia
    Laurel
    Gaia
    Shiloh
    Carys
    Rhiannon
    Romilly
    Layla
    Luna
    Maren
    Moira
    Bridget
    Jolene/Jolie
    Jessamine
    Sutton
    Talia
    Thea
    You know, I think my style has changed over the years. With our first, Ainsley, I just really wanted to find a name I thought was pretty and not old-fashioned. That was 6 years ago. I am from Ohio and moved here to Mississippi to my husband's hometown 9 years ago. At that time, I didn't really care about using a family name or any of the traditional styles of naming children that they have here. Salter, while it may seem trendy or modern, is actually a family name. It had been a surname that was then used as a first name. It was my husband's great-uncle's first name and when we had our son, my husband's grandfather (who my husband is named after) was still with us at age 93. He and his big brother Salter had been best friends so we knew it would mean a lot to him if we named our son after his brother. Great-uncle Salter only had girls and never had any grandchildren. So really using that name was not a modern choice, it was a very traditional choice in this town where there are generations of boys and girls with uncommon surnames as first names. Seeing how much my now 4.5-year-old son loves hearing stories about great-granddaddy and his brother Salter, in addition to having lived here longer, has made me lean more towards family names or somewhat more traditional names, or at least names with more classic spellings and not the "creative" spellings. It even has me considering double names which I always swore I would never use! But the Ohio girl in me still can't bring myself to use anything really common/popular or too old-fashioned sounding like Mildred or Merle (both of which are family names).

The name that came to mind with your other children's names was Elodie.
    Lanie

Not expecting any time soon, just collecting for the future!

Aurelie Grace • Olivia Claire • Charlotte Evangeline • Emmeline Kate

Asher Graham • William Alec • Benjamin Kai • Noah Finnian • Finley James

How about Evangeline?