Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Conall?

Conall?

Conall has long been my favorite boys' name. It is Irish and means- "strong as a hound" and has a strong and rich heritage throughout Irish history. I want to know your thoughts on it, Nameberry is certainly fond of it but are you and what do you think of it both practically and romantically? I'll still love it either way and just so you know, if to be used it would be in Ireland and pronounced correctly as "coe-null". Personally, the alternative spelling- "Conal" is too flimsy for me.

I LOVE it. My romantic side is swooning. My practical side wonders if there are a lot of "Con-" names in Ireland, since I don't live there. I am especially happy that Conall will live in a place where his name won't get butchered.
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Saffron Jane Calliope - Noa Calliope Rose - Charlotte Mazarine Eden - Noa Frances Mazarine - Saffron Mazarine Rose - Mazarine Frances Noa - Rhiannon Leigh Noelle - Rowan Sophia Mazarine - Oswell Constantine - Irving Balthasar - Balthazar Lucas - Israfel Ronin - Walter Zephram - Paul Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

My first instinct was that it was like Connell (con-null). I think you would encounter this a lot in the States, but people would pick up on the correct pronunciation quickly. If you're in Ireland, I guess that's a non-issue. I love the meaning of the name, and I agree that Conall seems more substantial than Conal.

I love it and I think it would be pronounced correctly in Ireland. Not overly used I think you're in good shape with that as a choice!

I love the look of it. I thought it was CON-ull though, and i thought Con would be a cute nickname for it. Coe-null will take some getting used to for me as i've gotten used to Con-ull in my head... but still think it's a good, strong name.
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo