Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darcy

Darcy

To me Darcy is a handsome name for a boy. Although I usually only see it used for girls. What are your thoughts/opinions about using the name Darcy for a boy?

Could he {Darcy} be a brother to a Declan, brooks, crew, and royal?

Well i LOVE Darcy and imo it's a boys name, so i agree with you - it's handsome, and totally usable

I love Darcy only for a boy. I really don't understand it for girls. It just reminds me of Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, so definitely not feminine. I'm not really sure about it in your sibset. I always imagine it with names I feel are quite romantic or maybe vintage, kind of like Leonardo, Walter, Horatio, Arthur, Edmund. But I don't think sibsets have to match, and they're all quite unusual names, so it could work.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

It's all girl for me.

Darcy is 100% boy to me. I have it as a middle on my list, only because it is quite popular for girls here I agree with myosotis that it has a really romantic feel, so I'm not sure it would work with that sibset, but if you love it, then that's all that matters!
    Sophie | 22 | England, UK
    science geek, crime-fiction buff, name nerd
    Not pregnant or TTC, just collecting!

Arthur John Frederick ~ o ~ Margot Sophie Anneliese
    ♂| Edmund | Rupert | Dashiell | Walter| Malcolm | Lionel | Barnaby | Calvin | Otis |
    ♀| Helena | Beatrice | Dorothy | Ramona | Gretel | Fiona | Juliet | Penelope | Susannah |