Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indra?

Indra?

WDTY?

My husband mentioned it last night and I've been thinking about it. At first I thought it was strange and I wasn't sure but I have to admit that it is growing on me. I'm curious about what you all think of it!

Some middle names we'd probably consider are:
    Indra France
    Indra Melody/Melodie
    Indra Fairamay
    Indra Maeve

If you have any suggestions for the middle then we'd love to her them.

Another question I have is about Indira, as I'm still a little unsure about Indra and Indira seems like a nice alternative to Indra if we dont agree on it. The only thing is that I'm unsure about how Indira is pronounced. How would you pronounce it?

Thanks in advance!
    Mum to Dashel Rhodes & #2 due in December

Well the Kardashians' little sisters just wrote a book with a city named Indra so that's something to keep in mind! Honestly, it seems a little... "cut off" to me (if that makes sense.) It also sounds like an attempt to revamp Kendra. Indira is more established, and flows better out of the mouth, I think. Indira Maeve is PRECIOUS too! I say it In-deer-uh. If not, there's always India or "Indie". Good luck!
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Current name loves: Griffin Abram, Jedidiah West, Callum Atlas, Malcolm Rivers, Charlie Hayes, Stellan August, Rome Alexander | | Shiloh Elise, Genevieve "Evie" Blake, Alice Fable, Carrigan Maeve, Gemma Island/Lark, Aspen Claire

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 9/13/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/

I say In-deer-uh as well. I prefer it to Indra.
    There is also Indigo.
    And Indra also reminds me of Alondra, which is very pretty, IMO.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Katherine "Ada Kate" ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

I don't really care for it. No offense.
    I do like Indie, and India and Indira are pretty alternates.

If you like Indra you may also like: Ilaria, Ivanna, Imani, Ivory, Soleil, and Ira or Isla.

Ivanna Melody
    Indira Melody
    Last edited by ashleyjuliette; July 26th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

My first thought was that it was missing a vowel, and should be Indira (I pronounce it in-deer-a), which I like a bit better. Indra is still pretty though, and reminds me of Audra.
    For middles, I much prefer the balance of the more traditional/recognizable, multi-syllabic options Indra Melody, etc. over Indra France.

Indra Simone
    Indra Caroline
    Indra Coraline
    Indra Maris
    Indra Beatrice

Hmm, I'm having trouble coming up w/ middles that don't slur into the last "-dra" syllable of Indra. Indra Margaret sounds like "injured Margaret," Indra Daisy sounds like "intra-day..." trading perhaps, and Indra Celeste is "enter Celeste." Even Indra Violet makes me thinks"ultra-violet."