Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lucinda/lucinde/Lucia

My husband and I are constantly discussing names for a forth child, and I have a strong desire to name a girl after my mother - her name is Lucinda and she goes by Lucy.

I really like Lucia as a name, but the correct pronunciation is Loo-shah or Loo-chee-ah, neither of which I like. I prefer Loo-see-ah, but I'm not sure this is even an appropriate pronunciation.

So here are my questions:
    1) how would you pronounce Lucia?
    2) is Lucinda too heavy of a name for a baby?
    3) I like the french derivative 'Lucinde' - any thoughts?
    4) fancy middle name ideas?

Our other children are Evan, Holden, and Maeve.

I like Lucy as a nn for Lucinda. I think Lucinda, and Lucy, are good with your sibset.

Lucia can also be said LOOS-yah (I've heard Spanish speakers say this). Lucia, to me, is one of those names that presents a dreadful dilemma. I avoid saying these names aloud (Lucia, Adriana). Literally. Each person WITH the name said it differently than every other person with that name; each name has 3 or 4 pronunciations possible. So my probability of being incorrect & embarrassed were like 60-75% every time I said the name aloud. And it really hard for me to remember which pronunciation goes with which person. Sorry!

Lucinde is pronounced [loo-SIND]? If so, I think it is lovely.

Lucienne is French, and lovely and it is said: loo-SYEN

Middle name ideas depend on which version you pick, I think, but some suggestions for middle for Lucinda are:

Mariel
    Mirabelle
    Josephine
    Felicity
    Rosalind
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Saffron Jane Calliope - Noa Calliope Rose - Charlotte Mazarine Eden - Noa Frances Mazarine - Saffron Mazarine Rose - Mazarine Frances Noa - Rhiannon Leigh Noelle - Rowan Sophia Mazarine - Oswell Constantine - Irving Balthasar - Balthazar Lucas - Israfel Ronin - Walter Zephram - Paul Constantine - Malcolm Ephraim

1) how would you pronounce Lucia? Loo-chi-ahh
    2) is Lucinda too heavy of a name for a baby? No definitely not! I love Lucinda with NN Lucy.
    3) I like the french derivative 'Lucinde' - any thoughts? It's pretty but I prefer Lucinda.
    4) fancy middle name ideas? Lucinda Claire, Lucinda Grace, Lucinda Rose

I pronunce Lucia Lu-see-ah

1. I would pronounce it Loo-chee-ah.
    2. No, Lucinda is lovely. I'd love to see it on a little girl.
    3. It's nice but I prefer Lucinda.
    - Lucinda Esmé
    - Lucinda Claire
    - Lucia Fleur
    - Lucia Audrey
    - Lucia Catherine
    Favourites: Nathaniel James , Theodore Rupert, Sebastian Arthur, Benjamin Charles
    Rosalie Pearl, Victoria Claire, Amelia Charlotte, Joanna Edith