Names Searched Right Now:

Names to honor Phiona and Phillip?

A lady who was named Phiona in an abstract honor to her father Phillip found out she's expecting and want's to name the baby something that sounds relatively similar or derived of her name or her fathers. A P or Ph isn't necessary, but if you could involve it in the name that would be up her alley.

She's considering Perrin if it's a boy and Ophelia for a girl, but wanted more input so I figured I'd ask you guys. Only name she's given as a no go is Phillipa. Thanks for any input!

I think Philip, nickname Pip, is lovely. What about Filippa or Philippine (Pippa, Pippy) instead of Philippa?

I think using a Ph- name would the best way to keep the tradition.

Philomena
    Philomel
    Philomela
    Phoebe
    Phaedra
    Photine
    Phyllis
    Phyllida

Phineas
    Phoenix
    Phoebus
    Phelan
    Phelix (Greek spelling of Felix)
    Philibert
    Philo
    Phrixus
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Girl:
    Phaene
    Phaeo
    Pharailde
    Phedora
    Phèdre (or Phaedra)
    Pheobe
    Pherusa
    Phesyle
    Philadelphia
    Philaminte
    Philby
    Philiberte
    Philine
    Philipotte
    Philippine
    Philomela
    Philomena
    Phthonia
    Phyllida
    Phyllis
    Phyllodoce

Boy:
    Phaedo
    Pharaoh
    Phelan
    Philemon
    Philibert
    Philinte
    Philo
    Philomelos
    Philosophy
    Philotheos (inversion of Theophilus)
    Phineas
    Phocas
    Phocion
    Phoebus
    Phosphoros (double "ph")
    Photius
    Phrixos
    Phrynichus
    Phyllon

Also, there's the -ippe part of Philip that means "horse". Other names that have this are: Alcippe, Aristippe, Chrysippus, Gylippus, Hippocrates, and Hippolyte for a boy and Aganippe, Alcippe, Cidippe, Cydippe, Dioxippe, Hipponoe, Hippothoe, Menippe, Xanthippe, and Zeuxippe for a girl.

Names that contain "ph": Adelpha, Alphonsine, Amphinome, Amphithoe, Amphitryon, Aphelia, Aphrodite, Aphrotrite, Capheira, Daphne, Dauphine, Delphine, Dymphna, Epaphroditus, Ephyra, Epiphany, Eriphyle, Euphemia, Euphrosyne, Gustaphine, Iphigenia, Iphianassa, Iphis, Josephe, Josephine, Memphis, Nephele, Ophelia, Ophira, Orphise, Persephone, Raphaelle, Sapphira, Sappho, Seraphina, Séraphïta, Sophie, Sophronia, Stephanie, Symphony, Theophania, Theophila, Tryphosa, Zephyr, and Zephyrine for girls

Alpheus, Alphonse, Amphictyon, Amphilochus, Amraphel, Aphrodisius, Aristophanes, Arnolphe, Asaph, Bardulph, Bellerophon, Cephas, Cephus, Christopher, Dalphon, Daphnis, Elihoreph, Eosphoros, Eliphalet, Eliphaz, Epaphroditus, Ephah, Epher, Ephraim, Gandolph, Gryphus, Haphaestus, Hasupha, Humphrey, Iphitas, Japhet, Jehoshaphat, Jephunneh, Joseph, Ludolphe, Marphurius, Menulph, Metaphraste, Morpheus, Murphy, Neophytos, Nicephorus, Onesiphorus, Ophir, Orpheus, Pandolph, Porphirios, Potiphar, Ralph, Randolph, Raphael, Riphath, Seraphim, Shaphat, Sheleph, Shephatiah, Shepho, Sisyphus, Sophocles, Sophonie, Stephan, Theophilus, Theophylact, Tryphine, Xenophon, Zephaniah, Zepho, Zephyr, Ziphion, and Zophar for boys

Also, a neat inversion of the name Philip is Hippophilos.

This includes any of the variants as well. I excluded names with "f"s, but if I were to use the letter, I would use "ff" in a name. Names like Griffin or Ffiona (which I'm guessing is a variant of your friend's name) I think work best because it does place emphasis on the double letter. And if you replace the "ff" with "ph" it keeps the balance of the name. So Griffin becomes Gryphon which has the same amount of letters. There's also Irish and Scottish beauties that contain "bh" which makes the "f" sound.
    Last edited by vintageluvs; July 24th, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Bathsheba ⭐︎ Bernice ⭐︎ Edwige ⭐︎ Edwina ⭐︎ Leopoldine ⭐︎ Perdita ⭐︎ Sibylla
    Amos ⭐︎ Christian ⭐︎ Eleazar ⭐︎ Ichabod ⭐︎ Jean-Baptiste ⭐︎ Philip ⭐︎ Vivian ⭐︎ Zebedee

Mordecai St John Edgar Paul "Mo" / Abraham Jerusalem Noël Silas "Bram"
    Susannah Beatrice Tamsin Ruth "Sukey" / Margaret Damaris Edna Jeanne "Peggy"

“Catch the foxes for us, The little foxes that are ruining in the vineyards, While our vineyards are in blossom.” ~ Song of Solomon 2:15

Personally I agree with sugarplumfairy, that the best honoring would be done with a "PH" in beginning of the name, girl or boy. But for "ph" names that are outside the box:
    Girl:
    Sophia
    Delphine or Delphina
    Aphrodite
    Daphne
    Iphigenia
    Josephine
    Boy:
    Alphonso
    Christopher
    Ephraim
    Humphrey
    Memphis
    Murphy

Since she likes "p" names like "Perrin" she could consider:
    Peregrine
    Peridot
    Pearl
    Perlina
    Pauline
    Pegeen
    Penelope
    Paige

Paladin
    Paul
    Preston
    Perry
    Prescott
    * My name is Adelaide Skye. I love to play with names.*
    Charlotte Eden - Preeya Noelle - Saffron Ava - Jane Calliope - Nula Rose - Holly Olivia - Seraphine Olive - Cynthia Frances - Mazarine Esme - Isra Havala - - Ephraim Maceo - Israfel Michael - Wolfram Zephyr - Walter Matteo - Malcolm Abram - Maisie - Lucinda - Loren - Onnika - Harlow - Kellan - Oswell - Lucy Isabeau - Rhiannon Holly - Rowan Evangeline - Tula Katreeya - Ingrid Mazarine - Genevieve Monroe

Hmm, perhaps some of these might tickle her fancy.

Alphie
    Amphitryon
    Memphis
    Murphie
    Nephi
    Nephihah
    Philander
    Philandros
    Philbert
    Philémon
    Philibert
    Philipi