Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Aurelia too close to Dahlia?

I have two daughters Edan (pronounced Eden, named after my grandma) and Dahlia. I'm am having a 3rd girl and I really love Aurelia. Is it way too close to Dahlia?

Aurelia and Dahlia aren't too close for me - I think they make lovely sisters
    (now posting as katinka)

A friend of mine gave all her four daughters names ending in -ia. Two of them end in -via.
    Other than sharing the end sound, I don't think Aurelia and Dahlia are too similar.
    If you have doubts, do you like Aurora, Aurore, Aura or Aurelie?

Here is my honest take on this - when I first heard the names together, it didn't bother me at all. I imagine this would likely be the case for anyone else meeting them for the first time. That said, as I thought more about it, I realized that I myself would probably hesitate before giving such a name to a sibling. But chances are, nobody else is going to give the similarity much thought - after all, no one thinks as long and hard about our children's names as do we parents, and it is not as though the names rhyme! Both names are beautiful, by the way. I especially love Dahlia!